Menu

Plans, goals, resolutions for 2014??

Moxie

I love planning out my year, although I stopped doing "resolutions" in the traditional sense.  I have goal areas (health, family, career, etc.) and then I create several specific (annual/quarterly/monthly/weekly) goals for each of those areas.  

Haven't had time to map that out yet though - right now the goal is to enjoy the rest of the holidays.   :)

I have monthly habits that I'm working on.  They are habits chosen specifically to help me work toward certain goals - better health, cleaner less stressful house, good education for the kids, happy healthy pets, prettier surroundings (yard), efficient and "successful" service to others and God, and better control of our finances.  

I don't really do New Year resolutions, but I am definitely in need of an overhaul!  I have already started making changes.  The three top priorities:

#1 - Focus better on my work, get caught up, get ahead, improve trust, and be happy!

#2 - Make small changes to improve energy, attitude, and general health.

#3 - Develop a sustainable routine that helps me and my kids meet our goals.

Spartan Trifecta - complete the Sprint (4 miles), Super (8), and Beast (12)

Lose the rest of this weight.  Finally.  All of it.

I've always been impressed (and admittedly intimidated) by those that compete in races. Well, last month my 8 year old ran her first 5k. I was shocked, honestly. She did it with a group of girls from her school. The group focuses on health, and morals and values. Things like defining what your morals and values are, not gossiping, eating healthy, supporting those around you, etc. The group is amazing.

A 4 mile sprint?!? Go on with your bad self!

LOL...no.  It's what they call the 4-mile race.  It isn't really a sprint, as there are 15+ obstacles to complete as well.

http://www.spartanrace.com/

I did Tough Mudder this year, and I am looking for a new challenge.  I am running a few other races as well (maybe even Tough Mudder again,) but Spartan is my focus.