Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 10/27 - 11/2

Negin

I need to start posting with y'all more often :p I am training for a half marathon for next year and reallllyyyyy need to pick up my pace.

Today is rest day, but I jogged 4 miles yesterday (turtle pace of 15min per mile :/) I will do some intervals tomorrow. Really want to get to 10 min mile before next year.

I have been doing an ab workout as well off of youtube: Manny Pacquiao complete ab workout. killer!

I worked out this morning. I'm using videos on Youtube from a site called HASfit, and I'm choosing from a list of 30 Day Beginner Low Impact videos. I have a tendency for knee pain and my knees are crunchy sounding when I bend them or am climbing stairs. They have always been a little bit that way, but it seems a little worse as I'm aging. I'm trying to be careful how I bend with them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

So far no workout this morning. Looks like an afternoon workout is calling my name. 

According to Jillian, if you have to chose between getting 8 hours sleep or getting up early to get in a workout, she says choose the sleep. A full night of sleep is healthier for you than cutting sleep for exercise. So, if you have a bad night then don't feel guilty for sleeping in or skipping your workout.

Yesterday I did AM outdoor bootcamp and then alternating run/fast walked about three miles. Then 30 minutes of yoga stretches in the evening.

Today I am sitting in my car waiting for signs of life at AM bootcamp as I type this. That's an hour of mixed cardio, toning/weights and ab work. No walking/running after because I need to be home by 7am for my husband to leave for work. Later on, I am taking the kids to the YMCA for swimming and I will stretch out and do 45 minutes of light to moderate cardio. If I don't get lazy I will do at least 20 minutes of yoga stretching tonight before bed. It's important to help loosen up.

If I make it through all of my boot camp sessions without skipping, I am splurging on a night away at a bed and breakfast. Maybe I will bring my husband too. Maybe I will bring a book. Tee hee.

I've not missed an early AM bootcamp this week. The instructor has been killing us but it is awesome. I am getting much lower on my push ups than I could 2 weeks ago. Yesterday and today I did three miles after the bootcamp alternating walk/run.

Yesterday I also did evening yoga and tonight I will stretch out after ToT.

I am getting back into yoga after being sick.  I did my basic practice Wednesday and Thursday.  my body has been saying "oh, goody, yoga.  let's do it again".   I'm pleased with how fast my body is slipping back into the good feelings from it.