Menu

Help with 25th anniversary gift for dh

What should I buy dh for 25th anniversary gift?  

1. 1. What should I buy dh for 25th anniversary gift?

• Personal Trainer
    • Hook up Hottub
    • Luxury Cabin
    • GPS
    • Other

Please help me. Ask your dhs, and/or offer up your opinions. I'd really love to hear from your dhs and our male posters.

Our 25th anniversary is coming up in less than a month. I have between $300-500 set aside to spend on a nice gift. BUT WHAT! Below are my best ideas so far and why dh might like them.

1)He likes to work out--he does this every day (that he can) at lunch. He would love to know more about good nutrition for getting into the best shape. So I thought about buying him as many sessions with a personal trainer/nutrionist as I could afford.

2)He has also wanted to go to the Buffalo River and stay in one of their luxury cabins on the top of the bluff...Almost $300 a night!!! I might could squeeze out two nights there.

3)He also has bought a hot tub (used). He bought it last October and it is still not hooked up. We finally got it to our house and poured a pad for it, but now we need to get an electrician out here to hook it up. This will cost at least $500. I thought about doing this as a surprise when he is out of town in 2 weeks...that would be just before our anniversray.

4)Or a GPS? I can get a Garmen for around $200. He wants one of these....but he just bought one for a co-worker who left to go to another company so now that has lost its specialness for me....but he might still want it! I don't know.

I am buying an inexpensive momento representative of how we met...that will probably cost about $40....but I wanted to do something in addition to that.

Please vote...and if you have anything to suggest I didn't list---please do.

Please help me. Ask your dhs, and/or offer up your opinions. I'd really love to hear from your dhs and our male posters.

Our 25th anniversary is coming up in less than a month. I have between $300-500 set aside to spend on a nice gift. BUT WHAT! Below are my best ideas so far and why dh might like them.

1)He likes to work out--he does this every day (that he can) at lunch. He would love to know more about good nutrition for getting into the best shape. So I thought about buying him as many sessions with a personal trainer/nutrionist as I could afford.

2)He has also wanted to go to the Buffalo River and stay in one of their luxury cabins on the top of the bluff...Almost $300 a night!!! I might could squeeze out two nights there.

3)He also has bought a hot tub (used). He bought it last October and it is still not hooked up. We finally got it to our house and poured a pad for it, but now we need to get an electrician out here to hook it up. This will cost at least $500. I thought about doing this as a surprise when he is out of town in 2 weeks...that would be just before our anniversray.

4)Or a GPS? I can get a Garmen for around $200. He wants one of these....but he just bought one for a co-worker who left to go to another company so now that has lost its specialness for me....but he might still want it! I don't know.

I am buying an inexpensive momento representative of how we met...that will probably cost about $40....but I wanted to do something in addition to that.

Please vote...and if you have anything to suggest I didn't list---please do.

I wanted to vote for 2 but it wouldn't let me. I voted Hot Tub hook up b/c the two of you will use it TOGETHER AND.. its something on his mind that you will remove. I also wanted to vote for the GPS if you can afford both. I got one for dh for xmas last year and he uses it daily for work. After having it for a year, I can't imagine NOT having it!

I would vote for either hooking up the hot tub or renting the luxury cabin because these are two things you could enjoy together. I think the hot tub would be good because your arranging to have it made functional would both make it available for you and your dh to enjoy and would relieve him of the hassle of having to make the arrangements himself. It is also something which you could enjoy together again and again. The luxury cabin sounds great too, though.

My dh and I had our 25th two months ago. We are going to go somewhere special to celebrate - as soon as we have time!!! :D

Anne

P.S. I do like the hot tub hook-up idea, too - that seems like something that the two of you could enjoy together.

My vote is for the Hot Tub Hookup. Once it's hooked up, well, romantic weekends are only a few feet away.

And the thing I miss most about not having a pool in our current house is the lack of a hot tub.

But I freely admit I'm a hot tub junkie, so I'm completely biased here.

Good luck with whatever you pick!

It sounds like he has access to a place to workout regularly. I doubt he needs the personal trainer (to the extent that you'd get your $$$'s worth out of an investment like that). If he's interested in learning more about nutrition, maybe ask people he knows and respects for recommendations on good books (or audio books) that you could pick up later. But not for a big event like this. ;)

This would be our #2 recommendation. You definitely want to dust off the booKshelves and break out the nice encyclopedia action for this one to really have the Wow Factor. (say no more, say no more...)

DH says, "If he works out nearly every day, that would nice to have. Particularly with fall coming on." We'd recommend having someone out to tell you exactly what it's going to take to get it *running* - not just wired up, but filled and usable right here, right now. kwim? This is the one DH and I would both recommend out of these four options. And again, with the booKshelves and all... very important, whichever you go with. So I guess I'll just shut up on that end. :tongue_smilie:

Ah, these are fun, but these are birthday-fun, holiday-fun, hey-I-found-money-I'd-forgotten-about-fun, or even possibly, "Yes, all those books from Amazon did cost quite a bit, but LOOK what came for YOU!" fun. Probably not Anniversary-fun.

Whatever you do, enjoy the celebration! 25 years is wonderful!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Dy

Ok, thanks everyone. I want more pollsters please.

And some more info....I have been thinking about the hot tub idea and I won't be able to pull it off as a total done deal surprise. He has a classic truck in the garage right by where the electrician will be working so dh will have to move it out of the garage. I can still set it all up and surprise him with the pre-set arrangements (paid for as well which is part of why we haven't hooked it up yet), but he has to be involved in some of the logistics. With that info is this still the best gift?

My husband and I always like to go away together for our anniversaries. He'd rather spend the weekend with me than get a gift. We have been renting cabins in the mountains and hiking, playing cards in the evening, watching a movie, eating cheese and crackers and drinking wine, and so on.

I would get a not-so-luxury cabin for $400 for the weekend.

Well, while it might be a bit of a let down not to be able to unveil the hot tub complete and ready to jump in to, I'd still opt for the hot tub hook up. You will be able to use it over and over again and if you are like me, it is kind of an aggravation having to look at it knowing that it is completely useless in its present state. I'd go for finishing off a project already started - it would just make me feel better to know I was getting to the finish line on something that has been incomplete for awhile. Also, like others have mentioned, you can enjoy it together.:)

I figure the hot tub is on the premeises..one day it will get hooked up. Go for the get a way in the cabin.

Ok, everyone....keep the votes coming...this has been majorly helpful. All of your comments have helped me throw out 2 of the ideas (GPS Trainer). And I'm leaning heavily toward one of the remaining two, but I"d like more votes please.