Menu

anyone seen a good deal on a toy kitchen lately?

Ravin

I want to get DS a new toy kitchen for Yule. He adores the hand me down toy kitchen we have, but it's falling apart. I prefer wood for this sort of toy, and have a limited budget.

Today at Costco I found a great deal on a toy kitchen, Kidscraft brand, for $99. Problem is, it's in a pink-and-pastel color pattern. Yuck. I checked out the brand, and they have several similar styles in different colors that are much cuter and/or realistic looking. But they're $150 and up.

Any suggestions?

You might keep an eye on woot.kids.com - they often have kitchens come up in their rotation.  We bought ours through them, love the $5 shipping.  Ours is wooden, neutral colors (some blue), and folds for storage (though we just keep it out).  

I think I saw one at our local Tuesday Morning recently, too.  They had quite a bit of wooden play food, and I think the kitchens were on the top shelf.  

Good luck!

pinterest has the most amazing kid kitchens repurposed from side tables and such (or just google repurposed play kitchens and you will be blown away!!).  here is an example. i'm sure you could do this fairly cheap if you salvage one from a yard sale, thrift store, or better yet - freecycle or craigslist!

this is what I would do if I had to do it all over again! Mine had the large plastic kitchen set for years. It was worth it and well played with but that is sooo cute!