Menu

Really important Fiestaware question! (OK, not really important...)

Stratford

What are your favorite Fiesta colors?  I'm buying new dishes for my birthday (yay!) and was inspired by an earlier thread.  I have no idea what colors to get.  I like them all, which obviously isn't going to happen.  (No room in the cupboards or the budget.)

I want a mix.  I want them all to look nice together.  I eventually want 12 place settings (we are a family of 6.)  I have a pretty basic decorating style (think "small children provincial") and my table is just a nice normal cherry finish, not too dark.  

What are your favorites?  I'm all ears!

I used to just have Cinnabar (discontinued) and black.  Recently I bought two place settings for each child in their favorite color (aqua blue, periwinkle and a lime green).  These are the kids dishes, they aren't to use any others.  I now know who doesn't put there dishes away.  No more it wasn't me.  An added bonus is my middle know realizes if he uses a separate dish for each item (not meal, item) he will run out of dishes before the day is done.  OK that was totally OT but I thought they would clash but they look so good together.  My dishwasher actually looks happier now.

We have six place settings. I chose two each of three different colors: red, blue, and orange. They all look really nice together. But - I'm always a little disappointed when I end up with the orange plate. And I was happy when one of our bowls broke that it was one of the orange ones!  So, I guess I would suggest that you like each color individually as well as together. 

Thanks, everyone.  Fun to see what everyone else has!  So I'm thinking I'll get 6 colors....I've been on the site looking at everything, comparing what other people have....it's actually rather fun.  I can't wait for new dishes!  Haven't bought new dishes since we got married (almost 14 years ago.)  

Everyone in my family has a different favorite color so I got a place setting for each of us in that color.  My husband has plum, I have sunflower, My oldest has shamrock, my daughter has peacock, and my youngest has scarlet.   We also have a white set, a black set, a tangerine set and a turquoise set for company.  I love it.  When you open my cupboard it's like a rainbow inside. 

82b4f5c3-46e2-4f88-90b8-fb2573283208_zps

We have a variety of colors. The only color I regret purchasing is ivory. We now use them for plant saucers. It shows silverware marks more easily than the other colors. It also looks pretty blah with beige foods: chicken, rice, bread, etc. I would buy whatever colors make you smile. My personal favorites are peacock and plum. Tangerine makes me smile too.

I love the picture of your cupboard!  So much prettier than mine is right now....That's a neat plate-stacker-thingy.

We had a very important family meeting.....I think we've narrowed the choices to lemongrass, marigold, paprika, scarlet, peacock, and turquoise.  That way, everyone gets a favorite.  And I like them all.  And I did veto white and ivory.  (Thanks for the tip.)  

I love the picture of your cupboard!  So much prettier than mine is right now....That's a neat plate-stacker-thingy.

We had a very important family meeting.....I think we've narrowed the choices to lemongrass, marigold, paprika, scarlet, peacock, and turquoise.  That way, everyone gets a favorite.  And I like them all.  And I did veto white and ivory.  (Thanks for the tip.)  

I got the plate stacker thingy at walmart