Menu

Pinterest

Night Elf

What categories are you looking at? I don't even know what to look for. I've got a board for recipes I want to try, but I only have about 8 - 10. I've got one for my favorite Brit shows. And the last one is for Holiday stuff, although all I have on there is instructions for making a gingerbread house. I feel stupid that I can't figure out how to love this like other people.

How do you use Pinterest? I wanna be good at it too! :)

I use it for any project I have to plan.  Some boards I delete when I'm done, others I leave up.

My favorite uses are planning art projects and kids parties.  It is so easy to scan around for ideas visually rather than with words.

My boards include:

Master Artist Lesson Ideas

Early Modern History

Lego Party

Song Bird Party

Photography Inspiration

Crafts to Try

I rarely look at the categories.  Instead I follow people who pin ideas that interest me, and I use the search bar.  So, for example, if I was looking for ideas for a study of Matisse for my Ker, I would type Matisse into the search bar and then click through on anything that interested me.  I then might find someone doing art for ld children, or preschool that seems to fit my Kers level and choose to follow them, or at least pop onto their boards and see what else they have saved.

Uh... that is hard to read.  I hope it was helpful.

You can see mine here: http://pinterest.com/avalonprep/boards/

I have boards for geek v nerd

Tech

Travel

Petrol head

DIY

Yoga

Tao

Tai chi

Catholic

Education

Quotes

Vegetarian

Books

Room ideas

Holiday deas

Gardening

Wellness

Health

Alternative medicine

Fitness

Organization

Prepping

Homesteading

A board for stuff my dd might like to see

Everyone was raging over pinterest when it first got big, so I joined. I really didn't see what all the fuss was about. Ohhh how that has changed. Its an addiction now. :)

I have thousands of pins.

I have a homeschool board (which needs broken down into more specific boards. Maybe by age or grade, or subject. I just feel oh so bad for my followers when that day comes.)

My boards with a purpose are:

Food

Homeschool

For the home

For the yard

Garden/Homestead

Good to know (tips, tricks, quotes)

The Housewife Life

For the Kids (and more specifically: Just for R and Just for K)

For the Hubby

Food

Drinks

Parties/Events/Holidays

Christmas

Fall

Beauty and My Style

Ideas for church

And I usually have a board going for my kids upcoming birthdays if they are having a party.

Purely for my entertainment:

A huge Harry Potter board

A board for all things LOST (The tv show)

Disney

Daryl Dixon ;)

Nerdiness

Things I want

All things Florida

A board for reading/books

Places I love

A fitness board (Notice how this isn't in the above category. I really should just delete it. lol)

A board for everything that makes me laugh. When I scroll through this board I laugh so hard.

Thats the sum of it all. I browse through my homepage (showing what my friends have pinned) and as far as categories I usually stick with: Home Decor, DIY/Crafts, Education, Humor, Kids, Hair and Beauty, Holidays and Events, Geek, Gardening, Food and Drink, Film, Music & Books, Outdoors, and Travel. (The bolded being the ones I use the most. I occasionally look at the others.)

ETA: Here's mine: http://pinterest.com/kelseyjordan007/boards/

I'm on Pinterest a lot.  I pin homeschool ideas, organizational ideas, humor, tv show stuff, book stuff, holiday stuff....

Usually I'll look at what the people I follow pin, then I may look at the Popular or Everything groups.  I'll search for something in particular when it crosses my mind.  I almost always look at the Humor category.  I find the Educational category is mostly classroom stuff.   Home Decor includes quite a few organizational tips so I like that.

I think the link to my boards is in my signature.  :001_smile: