Menu

I made cauliflower "biscuits" tonight -- so good (GF, grain-free)

Nestof3

Guest submarines

Ah yes.  Very yummy.  I've made cauliflower pizza, cauliflower bread sticks, cauliflower tots....  Great for low carb too...

Except cauliflower sushi. That was a fail. And if someone can tell me how to not fail it, I'd be grateful.

I wonder if you could use frozen cauliflower? I have some pkgs in the freezer. I've been looking for something gf (and low carb for me) to have with soup!

I think you could. But, I've never cooked frozen, so I'm not familiar with the moisture content. I say try it.

Also,,I made one tray of mini muffins because I wanted them to cook faster.

Guest submarines

I tried those with broccoli instead of cauliflower and they really quite good as well! Yum!

In my usual absent mindedness I didn't read the recipe to the end before starting, and I didn't fry / saute the broccoli before mixing them in. Still yum!

ETA: Oh, I used cheese.

Ok and these are, IMO, the most convincing wheat free/low carb cheese biscuits ever...even my kids love them.

http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/coconut-flour-cheddar-drop-biscuits

I use garlic instead of onion powder. But either way. Yum!

I have coconut flour and have only used it once to make muffins. Didn't love the flavor. But I do need some recipes since I own the flour. Did these come out coconutty at all? Did you use coconut oil or butter?

Yeah, I saw those. Due to your post yesterday about the cake in a mug, I read that lady's blog for a couple hours. Lots of yummy looking stuff.

Now, let's all cross fingers that my ds is not really allergic to nuts....cause, sigh, I won't be able to make all the yummy paleo goodies.

Yeah, I saw those. Due to your post yesterday about the cake in a mug, I read that lady's blog for a couple hours. Lots of yummy looking stuff.

Yes, thanks so much for the link. I've been checking out her recipes as well.

I briefly went grain free many moons ago but gave up. I'm going to do a three month trial in a week (after my DD's bday) to see how that makes me feel, etc...

I have coconut flour and have only used it once to make muffins. Didn't love the flavor. But I do need some recipes since I own the flour. Did these come out coconutty at all? Did you use coconut oil or butter?

Just FYI - Coconut flour works very well as a thickener, so it is good in, say, a gravy or to make a roux. A Tbsp. of coconut flour is good for this. 

I'm inspired to try them, I'm always looking for something new. Very curious for anyone that has used nutritional yeast versus cheese too. We'll be going dairy free here soon and wondering how that will work out. I don't need them to be 'cheesy' or 'biscuits', I just need them to actually taste good as a side dish item. :)

Now, let's all cross fingers that my ds is not really allergic to nuts....cause, sigh, I won't be able to make all the yummy paleo goodies.

I love her blog! I tried her cocoa facial mask too. Heavenly.