Menu

Fun Medieval Resources and websites

warneral

I have been going through multiple resource lists to put in my Year 2 plans for this year. I haven't necessarily used them, but the resources that look the most engaging for my kids. I should add that I am using the typical WTM suggested book lists but these are resources in addition to books!

FYI my resources follow MOH2 and therefore my list covers from AD30ish to 1430 Gutenberg printing press.

Interested in adding in your favorites? I would love to compile a big resource list that would include other resources in this one list!!! Please help! Have a fun Robin Hood website or Illuminations craft? Reply and I can add it. If you give a duplicate, that's fine - I know this list is long

Resources that span the period

Thank you for posting this! What great ideas. We are doing the middle ages kind of lightly this coming year.

Ellen McHenry has a free printable game: "Viking voyage."

There are several "You Wouldn't..." books: Viking explorer, cathedral, dungeon, Marco Polo, pirate, knight, Joan of Arc, Queen of Scots, crusader, Shakespearean

I'm hoping we will make it to the Ren Faire as well.

Great resources.  Thanks!

TOG also has tons of free resources for each of their history modules as well.  You can access the Medieval/Renaissance sources here:

http://www.tapestryofgrace.com/year2/history.php

Just click on each gold tab to reveal the links.

They also provide resources for writing, worldview, literature, arts & activies, geography, government & field trips.  You can access those for each era of history by going to "Supporting Links" on the right side of the website.

I've updated with some more resources that I saw and remembered.  Definitely check out the Guest Hollow timeline which marries MOH, STOW, books, movies, etc.

ETA we're going on vacation for a week but please feel free to add to this list and I will incorporate them when I return.