Menu

Did anyone else see this?

Luanne

I don't know. I guess it would depend on my quality of life and how much family I had left (I'm assuming all of my friends would be dead by then).

If I still were living, as opposed to just existing, and I had people around me to love and who loved me, then I'd take every day I could get.

I wouldn't mind! Even bed ridden, I could watch tv all day (and not feel the least bit guilty) or listen to audio books (assuming my eyes are shot) on full volume- imagine all the books in the failing years between 90 and 116!?

My favorite line of the article was the 122 year old French woman who smoked heavily umtil age 100...why in the heck would you cut back at 100!?

My FIL is going to be 103 this year. nope, I have no desire to live that long. I do not want to be the person that watches all her friends and close relations die. Nope.

That seems to be the downfall, according to the people I've known who were past their 100th birthdays. I can't imagine.