Menu

Leonardo da Vinci

The kids and I are going to go through a mini unit study on Leonardo da Vinci in which we will do a read aloud about him,

then go visit an exhibit at the local science center about him.

I was just wondering if any of you have come across other useful resources about him? Documentaries? Projects, etc?

Thanks!

Following. We're studying Da Vinci now. We'll be working on him for 6 weeks.

So far, I've just gotten a few things from the library about him - but I'd like to have a few more ideas.

One of the libraries around me has this book: Amazing Leonardo da Vinci Inventions You can Build Yourself. It seems to have some good ideas.

That's funny... I just mentioned that the book Amazing Leonardo da Vinci Inventions You Can Build Yourself was one of our very favorite things for SOTW2. That exhibit, which we saw when it was at the Nat Geo, was awesome. We also were able to go see the only da Vinci painting in the Americas, which is at the NGA.

This documentary:

http://www.amazon.co...onardo da vinci

is especially good, though it's very old. (I watched it on TV in high school back in the 1970s). I have watched it many times and always enjoy it.

P.S. You might want to get the VHS version of it, if possible, because the reviews say the DVD version is heavily cut down and choppy. I have the VHS version, and it's just like the original TV presentation.