Menu

Math Mammoth review workbooks

TracyP

Yeah me too! I ordered the 1st grade review book as DD7 is finishing in PS before we start our HS odyssey. DH has his heart set on Saxon Math for some reason, but I want to review the copy the library has before we buy. I will be the one doing the teaching after all!

What sale? I already bought two but I would like to buy first and fourth as well...Thanks!

From the banner at the top of the MM website:

"Math Mammoth SALE! Get 25% off of ALL products sold at Kagi (downloads OR CDs). Follow the links to Kagi's order pages on this site, and use coupon code MAY2013. The sale ends May 31, 2013."

I am thinking about getting these but am wondering how different they are from the tests and review sections she provided already when I downloaded each year. I already have cumulative chapter reviews, chapter tests, and the big year end test for each grade. Is this package she is selling the same questions as what I have? If it is different I am interested (my boys need a lot of review!).

My dd didn't do so great on the end of the year test. She did excellent at the chapter tests, soI think she could use a bit "more" spirall. I think spending the summer on this (instead of moving onto MM4 like I originally planned) will be perfect! I'm happy to see it! After her test, I had wished I had another brief spiral option. It is a LOT of pages but I need to figure out how much of it she will do :)

I am thinking about getting these but am wondering how different they are from the tests and review sections she provided already when I downloaded each year. I already have cumulative chapter reviews, chapter tests, and the big year end test for each grade. Is this package she is selling the same questions as what I have? If it is different I am interested (my boys need a lot of review!).

She said the following in the email:

"

The CONTENT for these workbooks is taken from the corresponding level of the Light Blue series (the mixed reviews, reviews, tests, and cumulative reviews). "

I assume the problems have different numbers but have the same type of problems?

I thought the same.

Another option is to use her worksheet generator to generate worksheets for the specific topics that your dc need more review in. More time-consuming for you, of course, but free.

I thought the same.

Another option is to use her worksheet generator to generate worksheets for the specific topics that your dc need more review in. More time-consuming for you, of course, but free.

I own the complete series, as well, but I think she selected the review problems from the books based on creating a complete overview of the year, with no gaps. I know my dc wouldn't remember a math problem from last fall if we were reviewing. In our case we supplement with MM, mostly to practice concepts we already know, so now I don't have to skip or compact, we can just start and the beginning and work until we're done.

Maria has a link at the bottom of the email for another math summer review for grades 6 and 7 from another provider, Page a Day.

Bean

I emailed her and asked her - they are taken directly from the reviews and tests so the problems are the same. I am sure my dd wouldn't notice but even though I bought and printed it out, I'm not sure I'll use it anymore.

I emailed her and asked her - they are taken directly from the reviews and tests so the problems are the same. I am sure my dd wouldn't notice but even though I bought and printed it out, I'm not sure I'll use it anymore.

Useful info. Thank you for sharing this!