Menu

Post #2 today: prayer for my Mom's surgery today, if you don't mind

Halftime Hope

Good morning, hive mamas! Like other posters, my 'puter won't do paragraph breaks, so I'll use P instead, ok? P Aside from my other post announcing my recent retirement/unemployment ; ) I haven't posted in quite awhile (3 weeks + or -) due to end of school year craziness, having a doggie undergo surgery and then be hospitalized with a near-death bout of pancreatitis, finishing up my CC year with Mock Trial--my awesome eighth graders won both their trials by a small margin!, having surgery myself unexpectedly the very next day, recovering for six days and then taking off on a road trip to visit my terminally ill mom half way across the country, getting back one day before ds' high school graduation, and now, finally, having more than one day--two actually-- before the next "life event." P If I could ask for prayer on several fronts, we are a needy family. P 1) Mom does have pancreatic cancer, but at 81, she has elected only to have bypass surgery as a palliative measure to ease the remaining months of her life. They figure a 4-6 week recovery for her, but I'm concerned it will go harder for her. Please send up prayers for her and for the (very dear) surgeon, if you would. She and dad have been married for 58 years, and this is extremely tough for him, too May God's strength and grace carry them today. P 2) My kids have been troupers through all this, but they are worn out. They drove to VA and back, four hard days of driving, while I rode an air mattress in the back of the car, since I couldn't sit more than 15-20 minutes at a time. (Vertical or horizontal, baby!) Please pray for them, as they begin to grieve what their grandma is going through, and process their own transitions, ds as a new graduate, and dd beginning a summer internship next week. P 3) Finally, my own recovery is leaving a lot to be desired. Doc says I'm the poster child for post surgery complications. I have to be "travel worthy" to go take care of Mom post-op next week, since my brother and SIL have a previously scheduled vacation with extended family, a vacation they badly need. P Thanks so much for bearing with me on this lengthy list, and I look forward to the days when I can have low-drama posts again. ; )