Menu

Ok, I thought the fake tobacco stuff wasn't allowed anymore

Whereneverever

Stuff like big league chew never went away here. I wonder if some kids even know why the gum is shredded!

I used to LOVE this stuff, but my mom never let us buy any. And no, I didn't know why it was shredded or why she was so opposed to it!

Stuff like big league chew never went away here. I wonder if some kids even know why the gum is shredded!

:lol: I'm sitting here looking at a box of Big League Chew right now. It's one of our top sellers. I'm an adult and I honestly forgot about the fact that it's supposed to be candy/gum chewing tobacco. I guess I don't see many people who chew with the packets anymore. It seems like it's the little hockey puck containers, like Skoal. Maybe that's why I forgot.

Yeah, I've never heard of candy cigarettes being banned. I doubt I'd buy them for my kids, but I don't think it's a big deal.

I saw a box of the candy cigarettes for the first time in maybe a decade recently. I think they were called 'fun sticks' or something like that. I'm

not sure my kids would even recognise them as fake cigarettes. But then we really don't see that much smoking - ds6 calls cigarettes 'those things people put in their mouth and smoke comes out' - he doesn't see them often enough to bother remembering the name. Hooray for anti-smoking laws here (in Australia).

I think maybe at some point some big store chains "banned" them - as in, agreed to stop selling them. But I've definitely seen them a few times at small candy stores over the years.

I thought that too. Perhaps some people protested and the big chains pulled the products? I know there was some controversy about it when I was a kid.