Menu

low carb tip

ktgrok

In the mornings I usually make bacon and eggs. I bake the baon in the oven, in a pan. I save that pan (don't wash it), and later, for lunch, dump in a bag or two of frozen vegetables. Toss to coat them in the bacon grease, and then put the pan back in the oven, at 400 for 30 minutes. (or with convection I do 375 degrees). YUM.

I make bacon in the oven in my cast iron skillet every morning also - I love that I can stick it in there, then go work out, boys take it out when it's done, then I have crispy bacon goodness when I'm finished. Great tip on the veg. Which ones do you like the best? I'll definitely try this tomorrow.

I make bacon in the oven in my cast iron skillet every morning also - I love that I can stick it in there, then go work out, boys take it out when it's done, then I have crispy bacon goodness when I'm finished. Great tip on the veg. Which ones do you like the best? I'll definitely try this tomorrow.

Alpine blend (cauliflower and brocoli) or California blend (cauliflower, brocoli, and carrots).

Can someone give me the time and temp directions for bacon in the oven? do you turn it? thanks!!

I have a convection oven, so times and temps are probably different. But on mind I put it in the oven while the oven is still cold, then turn it to 350 degrees, turn on the convection, and it is done in 20 minutes for normal bacon, about 25 or so for thick cut bacon. I don't turn it. I even line the pan with foil, so most of the time I don't even have to wash a pan, just toss out the foil at the end :)

I have a convection oven, so times and temps are probably different. But on mind I put it in the oven while the oven is still cold, then turn it to 350 degrees, turn on the convection, and it is done in 20 minutes for normal bacon, about 25 or so for thick cut bacon. I don't turn it. I even line the pan with foil, so most of the time I don't even have to wash a pan, just toss out the foil at the end :)

Thanks - I'm happy to use convection! (My oven is weird in that on the convection setting, it automatically resets the temp for 25 degrees lower than whatever I put in. So, I adjust upward before it adjusts downward.)

I did this today with green beans. It ROCKED! I think you have changed my life.

I currently have a mix of green beans, California blend mixed veg, and an onion in the oven. I used the last of our peppered bacon this morning, so it's roasting away in the fat, peppery seasonings and some garlic Mrs. Dash. It smells SO GOOD!

I currently have a mix of green beans, California blend mixed veg, and an onion in the oven. I used the last of our peppered bacon this morning, so it's roasting away in the fat, peppery seasonings and some garlic Mrs. Dash. It smells SO GOOD!

This is delicious. This is a much better way to get my veg in during the day than the cans of V8 I've been sending with my husband. He's already jealous of our new bacon every morning routine.

Oh that does sound delicious. I'll try that next time I make bacon! I always do bacon in the oven (so much easier!) and I use a cookie sheet. You don't have to turn it, it comes out evenly done by itself. I do 350 usually and it takes about 15-20 mins (longer for thick cut). I will use a higher or lower temp if I have something else that needs a specific temp though, just adjust the time. It seems to work well anywhere from 300-450 (WATCH it at 450).