Menu

Anyone joined the AP "Teacher Community?"

I joined two different groups several years ago. One was an AP area that I'd already submitted a syllabus, they sent the link and I joined. I joined the other in an area that I hadn't submitted a syllabus. They were immensely helpful! Some of the posts were classroom oriented, but many veteran AP teachers posted and answered questions for newbie teachers. I gleaned great links and info on several neat projects, used shared assignments and appreciated the tips and information about the AP exam.

Lisa

Well, surprise surprise. Apparently I already had an educator account with College Board :lol: So I signed in with that information and requested to join several AP communities (physics, bio, US History, Human Geography). I've already been approved for one :)

I think this might be easier than I had first thought. I started thinking I needed to complete a course audit before I could join. But when I went down that rabbit hole, it asked me for my CEEB code. How do homeschoolers complete the course audit?

I've joined several of the groups. No problem at all - and I've never had my syllabi approved.

Me, too. They only took a day or two to approve my membership after I requested it.

I only had one specific question to ask of one of the groups. It was about whether a certain book was appropriate to study for AP Lit. My question was answered thoroughly and with kindness. You probably won't have time to keep up with all the messages on the groups, but I recommend joining anyway, just in case.

I only had one specific question to ask of one of the groups. It was about whether a certain book was appropriate to study for AP Lit. My question was answered thoroughly and with kindness. You probably won't have time to keep up with all the messages on the groups, but I recommend joining anyway, just in case.

Could I ask - did emails come to you or did you have to sign on to read?

Before I was on one where I got a steady supply of mails with all their conversation...Then last year they said they were stopping that way of doing it and making these communities.

I signed up for one - AP French - but haven't gotten any notifications at all of anything - though they did say I was approved...

thanks,

Joan

Has anybody had luck joining the AP Human Geography group? What did you put in the box where a professional link was asked for?

I was able to join the AP Human Geography group. I was honest and said that I was a homeschool mom putting together an APHG syllabus for my daughter, etc. The approval took about 12 hours.

Could I ask - did emails come to you or did you have to sign on to read?

Before I was on one where I got a steady supply of mails with all their conversation...Then last year they said they were stopping that way of doing it and making these communities.

I signed up for one - AP French - but haven't gotten any notifications at all of anything - though they did say I was approved...

thanks,

Joan

Joan, here's the link to the AP Teacher Community site. You can sign into your account there & view the discussion boards for any group for which you've been approved. If you click on My Preferences, you can adjust your email notifications.

Joan, here's the link to the AP Teacher Community site. You can sign into your account there & view the discussion boards for any group for which you've been approved. If you click on My Preferences, you can adjust your email notifications.

Thank you so much Kathy!!! I never thought of looking in there since I hadn't had to before....Joan