Menu

? for moderators and fellow hivers

nevergiveup

I think that's a fantastic idea for the interim while they work on getting the social group website up and running. Not to be a complainer, but I'm not a fan of having these threads on the chat page.

Why?

I mean, I scroll through all sorts of stuff I have no interest in (because no one can be interested in everything) and social group threads aren't really any different. Or is it a privacy issue? Just curious.

Idk. Visual clutter? Also, there seems to be a drama/clique factor connected with them that wasn't present when they were private/off the grid. I'm not lodging a complaint or anything, I can definitely live with things the way they are. But if given a choice, I'd prefer not to have them popping to the top of the chat page all the time. It's just a preference- no drama attached.

Why?

I mean, I scroll through all sorts of stuff I have no interest in (because no one can be interested in everything) and social group threads aren't really any different. Or is it a privacy issue? Just curious.

Interesting. I haven't felt any clique factor, but I can see how it could feel like that.

:iagree:

I may be in the minority, but I kind of like having the social groups on the Chat board, because I'll never bother to look at any of them if they're in a different forum somewhere.

I can understand why group members would prefer their threads to be easier to locate, though, and I'm sure they tend to get lost on a busy forum like the Chat board.

I think that's a fantastic idea for the interim while they work on getting the social group website up and running. Not to be a complainer, but I'm not a fan of having these threads on the chat page.

Most of us in the groups (at least in ours, I can't speak for others) would rather be off the main chat board, too! We keep getting whispers of the social groups returning and then nothing seems to happen. We just keep hoping! :)

Interesting. I haven't felt any clique factor, but I can see how it could feel like that.

I don't actually spend enough time/energy here to feel left out or anything, but when there's drama back and forth between the groups to the point that it requires a moderator sticky note and it bleeds into other threads, that's when I get annoyed.

I don't actually spend enough time/energy here to feel left out or anything, but when there's drama back and forth between the groups to the point that it requires a moderator sticky note and it bleeds into other threads, that's when I get annoyed.

I have no idea what you are referring to. I saw a moderator sticky about remembering not to post anything too private. But, I tend to try to stay out of anything too dramatic and controversial, so maybe I just didn't notice the drama.

I have no idea what you are referring to. I saw a moderator sticky about remembering not to post anything too private. But, I tend to try to stay out of anything too dramatic and controversial, so maybe I just didn't notice the drama.

I must have missed it, too. :confused:

I think I did, too. I'm sure the mods probably get all manner of complaints about offensive things - from just disagreements to actually offensive posts - and since social groups tend to have more leeway as far as controversial topics, I can imagine their inboxes have been full. Hence the sticky.

If I recall, the note cautioned to not read social groups where the topic would be irritating to you... I don't really have interest in reading social groups I don't belong to. I mean, if I had interest in the group's main purpose, I'd probably belong to it, right? But they fly by my radar just like the LCHF meal threads (I don't eat low carb/high fat), and the horse threads (1 dog, 2 guinea pigs), etc. There's no annoyance or offense for me there, either. Know what I mean?