Menu

DD(11) and I just completed our first cake decorating course.

LisaKinVA

We used our own frosting and cake recipes (we made things from scratch...and I abhor Crisco frosting). DD's is the white one (butter cake with chocolate-cream cheese filling...very mousse-like), mine is the chocolate one (devil's food with white-chocolate Oreo filling, and chocolate buttercream which is made with real-butter, dutch-process cocoa, chocolate ganache, cream and Godiva chocolate liquor . We'll be spreading the cake around the neighborhood today...we simply cannot consume this much sugar :p But, it is very, very yummy. I don't think they look too bad, either :D

That's awesome!! Great job!

My Dh got me a cake decorating class for Valentine's Day and it starts in April. I'm really looking forward to it, especially if I can make something that pretty!

Practice :D They will teach you a different rose...dd and I don't really like the ribbon rose (and we had already "learned" the classic Wilton rose, so we used those on our cakes). I'm looking forward to learning how to make more flowers (in course 2).

And if anyone wants to drop by for a slice...please do! I have cake for 20+

Wow! You guys did fantastic! Honestly, your 11 year old daughter makes a much prettier cake than I could! And I'd pay good money for a cake that looks like yours!

I've always thought I'd love to take a cake decorating class. Dh has even encouraged me to before. I'll have to see if I can convince Zee to take one with me. The boy L.O.V.E.S. cake, so he might. Or maybe one of my girlfriends would want to. Hmmm....