Menu

Look what I was asked to bake...

Jann in TX

As suggested here on the hive-- I decided to do a 'bake sale' to raise money for a mission trip to Uganda this summer.

I got a call today asking for me to make a smaller version of THIS CAKE! I will use fondant instead of buttercream (my fondant is marshmallow fondant and it tastes good!).

The mother is a friend and she will be helping me with this.

I'll post a picture this weekend if it turns out--

Supplies will cost around $40

I estimate 8-10 hours of work (baking, making fondant and decorating)

Any ideas of what I should suggest for her 'donation'?

Wow--I have no idea either. I was going to say $250: $20/hr for 10 hours + supplies.

Is that an outrageous amount? Hmmm, I guess it depends on what level your talent is. Are you a $10/hr baker or $20? Does that make sense? I'm not trying to insult, just to gauge your talent level as to the appropriateness of the hourly charge.

We just spent $140.00 on a 14 inch square cake double layers with a smaller offset double layer square on top, heavily decorated with a flower bouquet - each handmade, edible and placed carefully. The flowers covered the top square, flowed around the top square, and then continued down the cake and flowed out onto the board. Wsh I could upload a pict but I don't have one. It was gorgeous! I would think. Depending on size you could easily ask 100- 150 without batting an eye.