Menu

What are you reading?

Just finished "Knitting America." Loved it!.

My friend just passed "The Other Boleyn Girl" to me and I'm about halfway through. Love it. Just realized that it's been made into a movie. Anyone see it? I usually dislike books from movies, but on the other hand, I LOVE period pieces--- costumes, set design, etc.

Astrid

Just finished "Knitting America." Loved it!.

My friend just passed "The Other Boleyn Girl" to me and I'm about halfway through. Love it. Just realized that it's been made into a movie. Anyone see it? I usually dislike books from movies, but on the other hand, I LOVE period pieces--- costumes, set design, etc.

Astrid

I loved the book and am reading the sequel, The Boleyn Inheritance. It's pretty good so far too, not quite as good as the first. I've got the movie on hold at the library, waiting for it to come in.

Not including ANY home school related books, what are you reading?

I just started The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. I had no idea what it was about when I checked it out from the library. I've just been seeing it everywhere. 2 hours later and I'm halfway through the book.

Once I finish that one, I'm going to read Escape by Carolyn Jessup and Laura Palmer.

I'm also ready Despereaux to the kids every night. I may have to skip ahead. I want to know what is going to happen and reading 1 or 2 chapters a night isn't doing it for me.

Nothing too heavy right now...

I'm reading Nourishing Traditions and In Defense of Food. Both great books!

Seven Habits of Highly Effective People

It's all too much

Conquering Chronic Disorganization

Clutter's Last Stand

Charles Kuralt Life on the Road

My Life on the Run

House of Atheron

Listening to The City of Ember

Reading aloud The Land of Elyon

Penderwicks on Gardam Street

what are you reading?

I just started The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. I had no idea what it was about when I checked it out from the library. I've just been seeing it everywhere. 2 hours later and I'm halfway through the book.

Did anyone see Primetime's Special on his Celebration of Life Tuesday night? He passed away last Friday. My husband's boss gifted him the book when it first came out and I have been passing on the inspiration since.

Tried to Read - A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, but couldn't get through it. My brain was just not there! (but figured I should read it due to my sig line! hah!)

Just finished - God's Harvard, by Hannah Rosin (about Patrick Henry College - very opening not only about PHC, but makes me think and rethink some homeschooling presuppositions)

Reading - The Surrendered Wife - a rec from this board. Great!