Menu

Link or email for getting my Yahoo ads "G" rated??

kalanamak

Yes, click AdChoices and find the area where there's a huge long list of ad categories you can choose / not choose. It's hard to find (grrr). I unchecked all the entertainment ones and it's made a big difference. Now I just get financial product and travel type ads, etc. It took a day or two for it to kick in. You can also pay $25/year for no ads -- for $2/mo., might be worth it.

Is there any way you can use the Firefox browser? Adblock Plus is free, and you won't see any ads, G rated or otherwise, anywhere.

I fled from IExplorer years ago, and use only Firefox. I don't know yet how to eliminate the gaacky ads. Is "Adblock Plus" an opensource from Mozilla? We have Verizon FIOS, but for unknown reason are stuck with Yahoo Mail. The ads are disgusting -- especially on our cell phones.

Yes, click AdChoices and find the area where there's a huge long list of ad categories you can choose / not choose. It's hard to find (grrr). I unchecked all the entertainment ones and it's made a big difference. Now I just get financial product and travel type ads, etc. It took a day or two for it to kick in. You can also pay $25/year for no ads -- for $2/mo., might be worth it.

Wouldn't ya know, the same day that I wrote this, I think, I started getting the entertainment ads again. Ugh. I looked at my settings and they were changed. I reset them to "no entertainment" and it seemed to take, but I've already started getting them again. I'm going to try the Firefox add-on noted above.

ETA -- It worked! Thanks so much!

I fled from IExplorer years ago, and use only Firefox. I don't know yet how to eliminate the gaacky ads. Is "Adblock Plus" an opensource from Mozilla? We have Verizon FIOS, but for unknown reason are stuck with Yahoo Mail. The ads are disgusting -- especially on our cell phones.

Is there a reason you don't use gmail? You can't use Adblock on apple products, but I'm almost positive they have one for Firefox on android.

Adblock Plus is a free add-on to Firefox. Just click "tools" on your menu bar, select "add-ons," and search for Adblock Plus.