Menu

For all who own a soda stream

saraha

i don't think it taste great. i'm sorry :( we have tried root beer and cola fwiw (and i don't find it more cost effective). neither taste nearly as good as the real thing. we received it for christmas a few years ago. i like to make carbonated water and mix it with juice though, especially grape juice (like grape soda!). that taste so yummy!!

Love it. We drink carbonated water. the Sodastream brings the cost of a 1 liter bottle to about 25 cents (that already includes the cost of filtering the tap water), and we do not create any plastic bottle waste.

For a healthy soda type drink, we mix it with fruit juice - apple or cranberry are great.

We do not use the artificial flavorings that you can get with the Sodastream that make fake coke or such.

Love it. We drink carbonated water. the Sodastream brings the cost of a 1 liter bottle to about 25 cents (that already includes the cost of filtering the tap water), and we do not create any plastic bottle waste.

For a healthy soda type drink, we mix it with fruit juice - apple or cranberry are great.

We do not use the artificial flavorings that you can get with the Sodastream that make fake coke or such.

That's how I always imagined using one. Are there any reasons to limit plain carbonated water, or is it ok to drink it as frequently as regular water?

We got one before christmas and love it, but we use the syrups they have and find they taste ok. No they aren't exactly pepsi or coke, but they are good enough for us. My kids love having other fruit flavors too.

As for can you shoot fizz into apple juice, I would think NO. When you use the flavorings with the SS, you have to carbonate the plain water and then add the flavoring or it explodes everywhere. Now you could carbonate water and then add frozen concentrate to it to make apple juice, I think that would work great.

My favorite so far is the Cherry Koolaid flavoring that Soda Stream just put out.

We use ours fairly often.. (we only purchase the Natural Cola and Natural Root Beer)

My DH (and the girls) love soda. I don't care for it.

We use the Soda Stream Naturals (ones that use real sugar).

It is not cost effective compared to regular Coke-- BUT it is compared to the Mexican bottled Coke that is made with real sugar!

--

My youngest dd loves homemade Sprite. I start with a simple syrup (sugar added to boiling water) then let it cool and add fresh lemon and lime juice. If she wants it any sweeter we add a few drops of stevia. Still a lot less sugar than KoolAid or regular soda and no artificial sugars.

It is also great to use with juice concentrates (carbonate your water then add in the juice!).

Love it. We drink carbonated water.

Don't you find carbonated water bitter though?? I bought one recently because I love carbonated drinks but am trying to avoid sugar was well as artificial sweetener... so I thought a SS would give me plain water that has the fizz I like. But in reality, it was way too bitter for me to want to drink. I found when I added juice concentrate it was quite yummy, but then I'm back with the sugar I was trying to avoid in the first place.

We use ours almost daily, but we just use it for carbonated water. My dh loves the fact that he can control the amount of carbonation in the water.

You cannot use most of the sodastream products for anything but plain water. There is one that is specifically for carbonating juice/other beverages, but it costs a bit more, and I would find it impractical for everyday use.

Guest submarines

FYI, carbonated beverages can leach calcium from your bones. Your stomach pumps calcium into your stomach to settle the carbonation. Read about it.

I can't find anything reliable? Do you have a link? We drink a lot of plain carbonated water here.

FYI, carbonated beverages can leach calcium from your bones. Your stomach pumps calcium into your stomach to settle the carbonation. Read about it.

You might be thinking of the old "phosphates" although there are two camps on this. Seltzer does not cause osteoporosis. There is some thought that soda drinkers drink less milk, and then there is the "whatever else is in coke" idea, and heavy coke drinkers who are women having lower scores on their hip and spine dexa scans. But, they drink, on average, less milk than non-soda drinkers.