Menu

cost cutting measures

Has anyone noticed that there is less toliet on a roll than there used to be? Something to ponder!

I know this sounds crazy but are companies ripping their customers off to save money? The double rolls are just not lasting as long as they used to.

It makes me wonder what else has less in the package!

Just something I was thinking on and wanted to share.

melissa

I recently read a news article that all brands of cereal will now have less in the box. They said customers prefer this to seeing the price rise. (Within two days of reading that article, I went to my local supermarket and there were no boxes of cereal on the shelves except the random "All Bran"-types that most people don't care for).

Everything -- bacon has moved to 12 oz packages, instead of 16.

Coffee (for a while) went to 12 or 14 oz packages.

Canned goods are getting smaller too.

Sugar now comes in 4 lb bags instead of 5.

That way the price can stay the same. We are much more alert to the price going up, instead of the quantity going down.

Yes! But the worst is the TP. I hate having to change the rolls more frequently...or running out. In fact if I ever see the Charmin man, he'd better run!

:angry::angry::angry:

Begging your pardon, but I believe ICE CREAM is the worst!! 1/2 gallon cartons are no longer 1/2 gallon. :mad:

Has anyone noticed that there is less toliet on a roll than there used to be? Something to ponder!

I know this sounds crazy but are companies ripping their customers off to save money? The double rolls are just not lasting as long as they used to.

melissa

PHEW!!! So I am not losing my mind......:D

Begging your pardon, but I believe ICE CREAM is the worst!! 1/2 gallon cartons are no longer 1/2 gallon. :mad:

:iagree:

And they haven't been for some time! They dropped down to 1.75 quarts, and now the "new and improved" size is 1.5 quarts. Check it out at your grocery store! I'm at the point now that when I find a 1.75 quart of ice cream, I feel like I'm getting a deal.

SO not good....

I have also noticed smaller portions at restaurants- for the same price as what you used to get, though! Last time I ate at Outback Steakhouse, I ordered what I always do- the shrimp griller. I was never able to finish an order- it was like 3 whole kabobs on a mountain of rice. Last time it was two much smaller kabobs with more vegetables than shrimp on a small serving of rice. I was able to eat it all and was still even a little hungry. This was at least 8 months ago, already, so that's when I started noticing the trend. My kids have even noticed their hamburgers getting smaller at certain places. I like McDonald's egg McMuffins (one of the few things I like there) and my dh and I have literally watched them shrink before our eyes in the past year. Now one is literally 3 bites and you would need two to even be remotely satisfied whereas one used to be plenty. My appetite has not grown that much!

melissa

I'm so glad! I was about ready to fuss at the dc for overusing paper. At least it wasn't them. Not that I'm glad to be getting less for my money, but I won't have jumped on the kids for something they weren't doing>

i have always bought Scott TP; still 1000 sheets per roll. many people don't like the texture, though. never bothered me as much as running out quickly with the dinky 250 - 400 sheet rolls!

This is our favorite brands! We use it because we have a septic AND its economical. However, I was noticing that the sheets were thinner compared to our last batch we purchased. I thought I was losing my mind but after the TP post I am glad to hear that I'm not losing it afterall..:D

It's still 1000 sheets. 1000 thinner sheets that is.;)

This is our favorite brands! We use it because we have a septic AND its economical. However, I was noticing that the sheets were thinner compared to our last batch we purchased. I thought I was losing my mind but after the TP post I am glad to hear that I'm not losing it afterall..:D

It's still 1000 sheets. 1000 thinner sheets that is.;)

:iagree:We use one roll of Scott tissue in less time than we use a four pack of Charmin. But I haven't noticed it being thinner.

Oh, and gallons of milk are soon not going to be a gallon.

I wonder when a dozen eggs will be 10? And what will they call it?

i have always bought Scott TP; still 1000 sheets per roll. many people don't like the texture, though. never bothered me as much as running out quickly with the dinky 250 - 400 sheet rolls!

Yes! I discovered Scott too and it's all I'll buy now. With other brands our family literally went through a roll every day or day and a half. A roll of Scotts lasts days.