Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Clean the kitchen

Do more laundry

Zumba a.m? Elliptical trainer? Didn't do.

Vacuum stairs and landing

Tidy the stupid living room.

Pay bills

Grading

Plan out history/lit. for next week and beyond

Take kids out for a treat like I promised that I would do.

Get estimates on fixing guitar and bandurria

Get replacement plug for digital piano?

Replace some plates?

Type out Scripture reading

Sunday school prep.

I feel like I might be getting sick, but I'm going to attempt to tackle something today...

To do:

• print Ds's math test
  • straighten each room
  • put away Christmas stuff and clean out books in upstairs hall (this will take most of the day)
  • finish decluttering kitchen counters
  • plan lessons on Skedtrack
  • clear out books near my bedside
  • brush my Border Collie

We have just de-Christmasized our living room. I find it sad.

Next we are cleaning the kitchen.

I really, really need to clean the living room.

Washing about 8 loads of clothing today. Three of the loads are give aways......they were in a box outside and got rained on so now they need washing so I can take them to Goodwill.

An SUV trunkload is going to Goodwill this afternoon.

Listing a few items on ebay and my local mom's group.

Working on ID badges for my homeschool group.

I feel like I might be getting sick, but I'm going to attempt to tackle something today...

To do:

• print Ds's math test - done

• straighten each room- still working and it's going to take longer than I thought. Front room is done. I had to go through library books and some history and literature I set aside to evaluate. Dd and I cleaned out all the old piano books no one is using anymore. I'm thinking the kitchen will have to wait.

• Now finished the computer room, desk cleaned, papers filed

• put away Christmas stuff and clean out books in upstairs hall (this will take most of the day) - Christmas stuff is officially put away :hurray: but the upstairs hall :ohmy: that's going to be an ongoing project!

• finish decluttering kitchen counters - done

• plan lessons on Skedtrack - working on this some tonight

• clear out books near my bedside- waiting until tomorrow

• brush my Border Collie - poor guy, he's going to have to wait until tomorrow

Clearly, some of this is going to have to wait. What was I thinking! :confused1:

Various chores. I want to get the house relatively tidy because tomorrow I want dh to fix my computer. (It needs a new something because it sometimes starts to make loud noises) Then I want us to change computer desks. He has the smallest desk and keeps having his stuff spread out and has added a folding table beside his desk.

We don't really have the space for that. So he can have my bigger desk, and I'll take the smaller one. The problem is no one in the house is looking forward to the change except me? Dh says he likes his set up. He doesn't mind that to make all his stuff fit he needs a folding table beside his desk and his desk pulled a foot from all ways to fit various wires and stuff.

Errands were a waste of time.

Take kids out for a treat like I promised that I would do.

Get estimates on fixing guitar and bandurria OK - I made the luthier very very happy with my Spanish guitar and Filipino Bandurria. I hope they are really worth all the money this is going to cost us.

Get replacement plug for digital piano. Boo Hiss. The place we bought the piano from was absolutely no help at all. I'll look online.

Replace some plates? How could they have stopped selling our plates? Looked a couple of different places before we ran out of steam. Have to try a couple of other places another day.

Drug store -

I didn't ever get a chance to post earlier, but I tackled Saturday today. I exercised, went to Walmart, did the grocery shopping, exchanged the digital piano for one where the pedals work, and loaded the car with enough wood for the rest of the winter.

I made it home for a few minutes to eat and unload the car, then went to the hospital to visit a friend, tried to visit another friend, and stopped at one more grocery store for an amazing deal on pork. Then I came home and made dinner for company, ate with them, and lit fire kites. Now the dishes are done and I'm getting the littlest one in bed. We still need to go out and get a car seat for a friend and stop at the library and post office because I forgot to earlier today. And I'll probably need to do some emailing tonight because I haven't done any today.

And then I will go to bed and stay there for a long time.

Amira, what are fire kites?

They're really easy to make, although you need lots of space to light them. Take a full sheet of newspaper, nearly square, and bring the corners together and staple them. There's a photo of one on this website http://www.instructables.com/id/Fire-kite/ (stuck on the iPad again so I can't link very easily).

Take it outside in a large open area and light all four corners as the same time. It's easiest if you have several people doing it. If it works right, the kite will fill with hot air and rise as it burns.

Obviously you shouldn't do it on windy night or near others' homes, but in a big empty space, it's lots of fun. It can be hard to get the hang of making them, and even when you do, they don't always work right, but even if you can get them to rise 10 feet, it's cool. And since you just need newspaper, you can always try again.

So Julie, did you wear your crown while cleaning the throne? :leaving:

You wouldn't call all toilet a throne if you saw it. It's the kind of toilet you find in creepy stinky restrooms at gas stations in the middle of no where.

No, But I did wear it THREE times when playing a board game called Eclipse with dh. I whopped him so badly that he surrendered before the end of the game each time.

(For the forth game Youngest hid my crown since it was giving me an unfair advantage. He didn't want me cheating. ... I won anyway, by a landslide.)

But I still have my crown.

Best Christmas ever.

So Julie, did you wear your crown while cleaning the throne? :leaving:

I was wondering too! I still don't have a crown. After nagging Dc about piano practice again and having them and Dh look at me like I've lost my mind AND enduring the "I'm irritated that you expect me to do what I already said I would do (5 hours ago) but still have not done" attitude, I think I may be going for a medal instead of a crown. :glare:

I was wondering too! I still don't have a crown. After nagging Dc about piano practice again and having them and Dh look at me like I've lost my mind AND enduring the "I'm irritated that you expect me to do what I already said I would do (5 hours ago) but still have not done" attitude, I think I may be going for a medal instead of a crown. :glare:

Personally I'd rather have a trophy instead or perhaps a scepter. Both can be used to brain people on the head!

But at least make it one you can easily put on. I love my crown since it has an elastic band for easy wearing, and it doesn't even fall off if I wear it when cleaning the throne. (:p)

Yesterday I did read my boys, "Who Was Mozart" and Eldest said he thought about writing a opera about how great I am. (He said he would only think about it, since writing an opera is more work then he is even willing to plan to do. But it's the thought that count in my books)

He did say he might write me a song.

Personally I'd rather have a trophy instead or perhaps a scepter. Both can be used to brain people on the head!

Good point. Will have to look into a trophy I can put in a prominent place in the house with appropriate wording for all we homeschooling moms have to endure. It might end up being pretty big with all that wording.