Menu

A Neat Weekly Savings Plan

Blueridge

:001_smile: So far it's easy...I have a big glass jar on my dresser with a buck in it. On Sunday I will add $2 more. Not quite sure what I will do when I get further down in the weeks, cause having an extra $40 one week and then $41 the next week might send me into a crying fit. And I'm not sure what to do if dh needs some pocket money for gas and dips into my jar. :boxing_smiley: Here's hoping we can be disciplined at least part of the year!

:001_smile: So far it's easy...I have a big glass jar on my dresser with a buck in it. On Sunday I will add $2 more. Not quite sure what I will do when I get further down in the weeks, cause having an extra $40 one week and then $41 the next week might send me into a crying fit.

That definitely seems like the potential downfall of a program like this. You could accomplish the same thing by saving $25 a week for a year, which seems easier to me personally.

But I suppose the purpose is to help someone gradually become accustomed to saving who hasn't done it before. Whatever works!

That definitely seems like the potential downfall of a program like this. You could accomplish the same thing by saving $25 a week for a year, which seems easier to me personally.

But I suppose the purpose is to help someone gradually become accustomed to saving who hasn't done it before. Whatever works!

:iagree: We have a seasonal business and we're $50-a-weekers for 7 months of the year. That money is put aside for the lean 5 months we have in our off season. I think the OP's plan is a good one, but it wouldn't work for us, since the big chunks are coming at the end of the year...when we're not working :tongue_smilie: .

I have a giant glass jar I dump all my change at the end of the day into. I am going to try this. Off to drop in my first dollar!

This is another great idea, especially if you are using more cash for your purchases. We save all of our change...which means if something costs $2.25, and I have a quarter with me, I'll still pay with three dollar bills so I can get more change back for the coffee can :001_smile: .

We save dollar bills that have the letter of anyone's first initial in the Federal Reserve circle (left side, front of dollar bill).

Just little tricks that have enabled us to save a lot of money we didn't think we could.

That is neat! I actually want to save more than that, though. So i am trying to think of something similar that would allow me to end the year with about 4,000 in savings.i do like the concept, so o am going to pull put my spreadsheet today and see what i can figure out.