Menu

Electricity & Lights - "Turn that off!"

Bang!Zoom!

I go around the house turning off lights all.day.long.

The tree is decorative, though, so it can stay lit, though one of the boys unplugged it earlier. Now, if they would all learn to work a switch in the down direction. Which, now that I think of it, is also a problem that affects toilet operation...

You know, you just reminded me that we had motion detectors installed in the kid's bathroom, bedrooms, utility room and mud room in our house in CO. It was a great investment, not only to save electricity but to save my sanity as well. I really need to get dh to do that in this house too!

Oh, and I agree that the tree is decorative so gets to stay lit 24\7. It feels weird to turn it off until Christmas is over.

Erm I have to admit that as a child my Dad turning off the lights, sometimes even when we were in the room using them because he didn't see us, annoyed me so much that now I leave lights on in my house. Yes we could save a bit on our electricity bill by turning off lights when we leave various rooms, but I just can't find it in my heart to care. I like lights on, even if I am not in the room. I like being able to go into a room and not having to grope for a light switch so I can see. I am an evil energy wasting person who just leaves the dang lights on!

I've actually had to inform my Dad when visiting us that the bathroom lights must stay on because DD is too short to turn them on herself, and I refuse to get up whenever she needs to go potty to turn them on for her (they are in an akward place as a stepstool won't work).

I have a feeling this shouldn't be confusing to me...but it is. Correlation between winter and evening please?

Correlation between winter and the amount of sunlight hitting our solar panels. :)

If the kids leave the lights on in winter, they'll run down the batteries and I'll have to stumble out the back to put the generator on, if I have any petrol. If I don't, we sit around in the dark.

Correlation between winter and the amount of sunlight hitting our solar panels. :)

If the kids leave the lights on in winter, they'll run down the batteries and I'll have to stumble out the back to put the generator on, if I have any petrol. If I don't, we sit around in the dark.

Ah, yes. We have that same conversation at my dad's house. Fortunately, he has wall mounted LP lights from back in the days when he had a single, not so efficient panel, but it's still a bugger to have to go outside in the dark and start the generator.