Menu

What's your favorite Alice in Wonderland movie version?

What's your favorite Alice in Wonderland movie version?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Alice in Wonderland movie version?

• Disney movie version
    • 1985 movie with Natalie Gregory, aired as a 2-part tv movie
    • the recent Johnny Depp version
    • 1999 version with Tina Majorino (of Waterworld "fame") - produced for NBC
    • 1933 with Cary Grant
    • 1972 release with Fiona Fullerton...Dudley Moore as the Dormouse...?
    • 1950 with Carol Marsh, Stephen Murray
    • other (please specify)

We're currently listening to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland as an audiobook. I have fond memories of watching the 80s made-for-tv live-action movie, as well as the Disney version. But I'm wondering about some of the other versions I'm seeing out there.....

Do you have a favorite AiW production?

(Please pardon my lack of chronological order in the poll.... it's bugging me....)

Oh I loved Carol Channing as the white queen! My grandparents had taped it off the tv. That was the 1985 version. I'm not sure how the whole movie holds up but Carol is still amazing! I do love the Disney version too. The Tim burton one is great but not really anything like the book.

To be honest, I haven't seen all the ones you mentioned. :-) I like Disney's cartoon, but my favorite is Johnny Depp's.

Of course, they all mush together Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, rather than keeping true to each book, but I'm not offended by it, lol.

I have only seen the Disney version and the Johnny Depp version to be fair to the poll, but i must say even as a child i never liked the Disney version. In fact I almost didnt go see the Depp version, but I am so glad I did! I agree it doesn't keep very closely to the book. It follows more the Through the Looking Glass. Even then, it follows more the spirit of Alice than any actual book. That said, I love it! There was also, if I am not mistaken, a TV miniseries that was made not to long ago? It might have been called Alice.