Menu

Crocheters and Knitters....unique gifts for boys?

Juniper

I have this book, and it has several things to knit for boys -- a chainmail sweater, a Robin Hood tunic, and a Renaissance sweater. There's also a Hansel sweater (though IDK how big it goes), a pirate sweater, a crown, a knitted knight's banner, and a pillow. http://www.amazon.com/Fairy-Tale-Knits-Projects-Happily/dp/0470262680/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355278118&sr=8-1&keywords=fairy+tale+knits

I knitted a pirate eye patch for my son a few years ago, and it was a big hit.

My boys only appreciate socks. They won't wear hats or fingerless mitts or scarves. But I'm making this for the Doctor Who fan.

Maybe they'd like a mustache? Or this cowl version?

Would they like toys? Marvin the Robot, Minion, Dalek, Monster Chunks, or search through these 97 pages of free toy patterns. :laugh:

Do they deserve a Lump of Coal?

Do they like or wear slippers? How about nice warm socks? Bags, scarves or bookmarks are other options. If either boy is a Harry Potter fan, Ravelry has all sorts of little things like House color bookmarks or a knitted Golden Snitch. Scarves in sport team colors?

I made my son a Hogwarts style scarf in his hockey team's colors.

It turned out beautifully, IIDSSM! It is the knit in the round style so it is super thick and warm.

The problem: DS says it's too nice to take to the rink.