Menu

Bacon of the month

Mom-ninja.

It was years ago, but we used Grateful Palate. It was excellent; the bacons were all good (ok, we didn't care for one, but that was just personal preference; there wasn't anything wrong with it), and everything arrived well packaged and on a predictable schedule.

Oh, dear...in looking for a link for you, I've found that Grateful Palate seems to have disappeared. Its parent company is in receivership and the website is just gone, so that doesn't bode well.

Sorry...hope you get more useful advice than this was!

Okay, I'm really really surprised that this is unknown for many of you. Bacon of the month has been talked about here as a gift quite a few times. I got the idea from a thread this last week. The thread about husbands being difficult to figure out gifts mentioned it. Last year was the first time I saw it mentioned here, and I considered getting it then for my dh.

We must get these people with experience to answer this thread. Must track them down.

My husband still talks fondly of his six months of Bacon of the Month from two Christmases ago. His was from Ted's Butcher Shop in Charleston, I think. It was low-tech--you order by calling and talking to Ted. It is pricey, yes, but every crumb of bacon was enjoyed.

Terri