Menu

Can I have a baby shower please? (j/k)

k2bdeutmeyer

Okay, so I kid, but I forgot how expensive baby stuff is....even used. I know I'm being picky about a few items (okay, really only one), but GRR! I've basically been watching Craigslist since I got my BFP waiting for the right deals on the right items, but I'm beginning to think that they don't or won't exist. Sigh.

All I REALLY want is a Fisher Price Cradle swing in neutral (and soft not bright like the Rainforest one) colors for $50 or less - I'll even take the older Papasan model. I don't need the newest Snugabunny or whatever it is. Is that really so much to ask? Say yes, because apparently it is. The cheapest I've seen them is $75, and while a good deal, it's really more than I can/want to spend.

Remind me again why I sold all my baby stuff???

I totally understand. We gave away Boo's stuff. *sigh*

I've never had a baby shower. And, considering this is #6, I don't think it's too likely THIS go 'round either!

I would SO throw you one! Oh wait....I think you might be a TAD too far away. Sigh. I love baby showers....baby #1 or baby #10, I don't care :)

Ooooh LOL.

I have a ridiculous amount of things I have been hoarding. I don't know if they are the same things you want though.

Ugh I have a pretty neutral colored swing wtih that really soft fabric but I'm so far :( I have a room full of things I have not parted with yet. It's ridiculous.

I should say that Wolf's cousin tried to host me a shower w/Princess. My MIL, her MIL and a cousin showed up. MIL gave me a travel size box of wipes. Her MIL gave me an outfit w/the tag clearly marked $1.99 on it.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah. Spectacular fail. She was so embarrassed she's sworn she'll never host another shower again.

Ooooh LOL. I have a ridiculous amount of things I have been hoarding. I don't know if they are the same things you want though. Ugh I have a pretty neutral colored swing wtih that really soft fabric but I'm so far :( I have a room full of things I have not parted with yet. It's ridiculous.

I had MAJOR issues parting with all my stuff. DH FINALLY talked me into it. I kept a handful of onesies, and a few basic sleepers for both boy and girl and that's it. A friend was getting rid of a travel system, so I snagged that back in August. Oh, and I saved my bath tub. Everything else I'm still waiting to jump on the right deal.

ETA: I sold/gave away everything about 15 months before I got pregnant. Figures.

I should say that Wolf's cousin tried to host me a shower w/Princess. My MIL, her MIL and a cousin showed up. MIL gave me a travel size box of wipes. Her MIL gave me an outfit w/the tag clearly marked $1.99 on it. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah. Spectacular fail. She was so embarrassed she's sworn she'll never host another shower again.

That totally sounds like something that would happen to me!!!! DH threw me a b-day party once....nobody came.

If you tell me what you want and I have it, well and if it's possible to mail, you can have it. This sounds ridiculous but I act like my baby things can only go to the right person LOL. Like someone won't love them like I do :lol:. But you are always so thoughtful of others. And I hope you end up with everything you want for this baby

If you tell me what you want and I have it, well and if it's possible to mail, you can have it. This sounds ridiculous but I act like my baby things can only go to the right person LOL. Like someone won't love them like I do :lol:. But you are always so thoughtful of others. And I hope you end up with everything you want for this baby

Aww! So sweet of you!! I totally, 100% understand!!!! I will PM you :)

Honestly, I just wasn't surprised in the slightest. MIL was mad I was pregnant again. God had told her we weren't to have any more babies, we were to adopt.

The only thing that did surprise me was that she was that blatant in front of other ppl. Normally, she saves that kinda stunt for private moments.

The cousin had heard the stories about MIL, and since both she and *her* MIL (Aunt is married to MIL's brother) have the same sort of behaviour, she believed me, but seeing proof was something again.

Well, I made two quilts for babies that were SUPPOSED to be girls and were not, so I have two extra baby quilts, but only someone with a girl would want them, lol. One is Peacock Lane fabric and one is My Little Mochi fabric, so I don't think any boys want baby pics of themselves on the quilts. I would happily send them to either of you if you are having a girl, lol.

Well, I made two quilts for babies that were SUPPOSED to be girls and were not, so I have two extra baby quilts, but only someone with a girl would want them, lol. One is Peacock Lane fabric and one is My Little Mochi fabric, so I don't think any boys want baby pics of themselves on the quilts. I would happily send them to either of you if you are having a girl, lol.

Oh! I bet they are adorable!!! I'll know in April :)

I am so thankful we throw baby showers for all babies. If you were in my world I would totally throw you one.

I secretly....or I guess not so secretly now....wish that I had a circle of friends to do this, lol. Not totally for gifts (though that part would certainly help this time around), but just because I love babies/baby things :) Anyway.....it's alright. It will work out.

Why don't you guys do an amazon wish list? We can do a cyber shower for yas!

We actually did this for a friend of mine a few years ago! One of the other ladies even sent a box with a cake mix, frosting, plates, napkins, etc. It was actually a lot of fun! It was a surprise and she was totally floored. :)

I had one when I was pregnant with dd 4 years ago when we lived Georgia and most of our family and friends lived here in Michigan.

Isn't it amazing what the internet has allowed us to do???

I actually do have an Amazon list though, lol. It's listed as private, because I just use it as a shopping/reminder list for myself. Said friend that we threw the cyber shower for taught me that little trick :)

No wish list here, not due til July.

Which, I've just realized, makes the baby clothes I do have incompatiable. I've always had fall-winter babies. Boo was in Nov. I don't see winter weight sleepers working for a July baby.

*headdesk*

If mine is a girl....I'll have boy summer clothes for you :) I might even have girl clothes if this is a boy (DD wore 0-6m for at least 7-8m). I'll know in April.