Menu

Expedited shipping that wasn't...can I do anything?

I'm frustrated. I ordered a product this week-end and paid 9.99 for expedited shipping

It reads like this:

Standard Ground (3-7 Business Days.)

US: FREE

Expedited Shipping (Approximately 2 Business Days)

US

First Product $9.99

They shipped it Tuesday (expected because of the holiday; I hoped I would get it today or tomorrow at the latest). They shipped it US priority mail and I'll get it on Friday...4 business days. I would have expected it by 4 business days via their free shipping.

I'm frustrated. Is there anything I can do?? They haven't responded to my emails.

Yeah since they didn't specify HOW they would ship, I would have expected priority mail and that can take 2-3 days depends where it is. Do you have a tracking number or Delivery confirmation number? Did you check on usps site? Sometimes it says friday, but I get it thursday anyway. They don't always scan it at every point. USPS told me with delivery confirmation they only HAVE to scan it at pickup to put it in the system and at delivery to provide proof.

Did they ship it LATE tuesday, cuz then USPS doesn't count that in the 2-3 business days also for Priority? I've never had priority mail deliver in 1 day unless they were in the same town.

IMHO, expedited shipping only means that your order was pushed to the front of their queue, not necessarily that the carrier will deliver it any faster. To guarantee a specific arrival time, you usually need to specify UPS/FedEx overnight, 2-day, etc.

I think it's actually the opposite (with the same result). In a company I sell through, expedited shipping doesn't mean the product will be manufactured / packaged any quicker, just that once shipped it will be shipped with the appropriate method. It's called expedited SHIPPING, not expedited processing. Since their shipping to my house is 2 days (once shipped) anyway, there's really no reason to get expedited shipping.

I'm sorry, OP!! It is a confusing topic, to be sure. But the way I read it, it's not extra fast production / preparation. It's once shipped, the delivery time is a little bit faster.

You might still get it sooner. I've had priority items show up a day or two before scheduled delivery. I have one item from amazon that is scheduled for the 16th, but I'll probably get it today or tomorrow as it just showed up at my post office this morning.

It seems like USPS has been giving longer shipping times on their priority items lately, at least from my vantage point.

I'm frustrated. I ordered a product this week-end and paid 9.99 for expedited shipping

It reads like this:

Standard Ground (3-7 Business Days.)

US: FREE

Expedited Shipping (Approximately 2 Business Days)

US

First Product $9.99

They shipped it Tuesday (expected because of the holiday; I hoped I would get it today or tomorrow at the latest). They shipped it US priority mail and I'll get it on Friday...4 business days. I would have expected it by 4 business days via their free shipping.

I'm frustrated. Is there anything I can do?? They haven't responded to my emails.

I only do expedited shipping if I know that it is UPS 2-day or FedEx 2-day or Express Mail overnight. Otherwise, it's not worth it to pay extra. Priority Mail has been extended to 4 days because of the problems USPS has been having. You could get it sooner depending on where they are and where you are.

If you don't like the shipping method, I would call the company.

I'll be the voice of dissent here. They offered expedited shipping with the expectation that it would take about two days. Shipping something via priority mail does not have the expectation of delivery within two days, unless you happen to live fairly close to where it was shipped from. I would call their customer service number, and ask for a refund of the expedited shipping charges.

I'll be the voice of dissent here. They offered expedited shipping with the expectation that it would take about two days. Shipping something via priority mail does not have the expectation of delivery within two days, unless you happen to live fairly close to where it was shipped from. I would call their customer service number, and ask for a refund of the expedited shipping charges.

Friday delivery IS approximately two days (three from what I've read, taking in to consideration the holiday, which doesn't count as a business day).

:iagree:

I would've expected it on Thursday, which would've been 2 days. I would call them and complain, unless it happens to arrive on Thursday.

:iagree: