Menu

Called the u/s Clinic

She's a receptionist. Why would anyone assume that she has any medical knowledge because she works in a medical office? Her job is to answer phones, schedule appointments, and maybe take payment. Who's the twit?

Why are you pressing the receptionist for medical advice or dx? If she gave any, she was simply reading from Dr's notes. Ask to speak with a nurse or Dr if you are wanting valid medical info. I don't get it.

She's a receptionist. Why would anyone assume that she has any medical knowledge because she works in a medical office? Her job is to answer phones, schedule appointments, and maybe take payment. Who's the twit?

Why are you pressing the receptionist for medical advice or dx? If she gave any, she was simply reading from Dr's notes. Ask to speak with a nurse or Dr if you are wanting valid medical info. I don't get it.

Lets see.

She is the one that called w/the u/s instructions. Instructions that she obviously DID NOT read, as the ones she were NOT valid. So yes, she's a twit that's obviously unable to read written instructions and communicate them as is.

2nd, she refuses to pass along msgs to the Dr. It's only her and the Dr in the office. I have no clue if she doubles as a nurse or not. she takes it upon herself to decide if the Dr needs to get your msg or not, and will flat refuse to pass it along to him if it doesn't meet her unknown criteria.

glad you got the right instructions.

I really cannot fathom the woman. My former OB's (she retired a few months ago) receptionist knew everything that should happen and did not hesitate to pass messages to the dr. I would say she had as much knowledge as the nurse. She gave me lots of practical advice about surgery and such.

I wonder where she got those instructions from or did she come up with that on her own.

(BTW, I worked as a receptionist for a while and you do pick up lots of things about procedures and such.)

glad you got the right instructions.

I really cannot fathom the woman. My former OB's (she retired a few months ago) receptionist knew everything that should happen and did not hesitate to pass messages to the dr. I would say she had as much knowledge as the nurse. She gave me lots of practical advice about surgery and such.

I wonder where she got those instructions from or did she come up with that on her own.

(BTW, I worked as a receptionist for a while and you do pick up lots of things about procedures and such.)

In talking to the u/s clinic, it sounds as though it was the instructions for an abdominal u/s. Which, obviously, does not apply to my situation. There's no way she got it from the actual paperwork. None.

I don't expect her to dispense medical advice. I *do* expect her to be able to relate correct instructions, since that *is* part of her job. I *do* expect her to be passing msgs along to the Dr, not taking it upon herself to decide if it's 'worthy' or not.

And basic math skills aren't a bad thing to have either. ;)

You need to let the doc know that she doesn't forward messages to him, and that she doesn't bother to give accurate information. Sometimes the docs are clueless. Of course, it could be a relative and he hired her as a favor. When ds was little, we had the BEST pediatrician. His nurse was a witch w/ a chip on her shoulder though. He was clueless. I heard her lie straight to his face in her sweet voice- witch.

You need to let the doc know that she doesn't forward messages to him, and that she doesn't bother to give accurate information. Sometimes the docs are clueless. Of course, it could be a relative and he hired her as a favor. When ds was little, we had the BEST pediatrician. His nurse was a witch w/ a chip on her shoulder though. He was clueless. I heard her lie straight to his face in her sweet voice- witch.

Honestly, I don't anticipate having to see either of them again. We're moving the day or 2 after the u/s, so I won't be going back.

Lovely...because we all know that pregnant women love nothing more than a good fast and restricting fluids:tongue_smilie:.

And it's just confirmed, again, that the Drs receptionist is a total moron.

There's NOTHING on my req that indicates a need to fast, or restrict fluid intake.

The receptionist is a twit. :glare:

I wonder if she thought she would "teach you a lesson" because you kept bugging her for the numbers. :D

What a maroon.

Actually, I kept req that the Dr call me w/the numbers. I didn't ask her for them until she called yesterday, and even then, I repeated my req for the Dr to call me w/them. That's when she coughed them up.

I get the feeling that she's used to blind obedience. That she doesn't have to deal w/patients that actually insist on being informed on their health care, etc. My actually expecting information that I'm legally entitled to seemed to tick her off.

As a receptionist at a family practice clinic I worked at in college I had to call and give instructions as to what people needed to do to prep for all kinds of things. If people called with questions I gave them to them not the nurse.

A receptionist called me prior to my d&c 2 weeks ago and read me all instructions. I never talked to a nurse.

As a receptionist at a family practice clinic I worked at in college I had to call and give instructions as to what people needed to do to prep for all kinds of things. If people called with questions I gave them to them not the nurse.

A receptionist called me prior to my d&c 2 weeks ago and read me all instructions. I never talked to a nurse.

That's been my experience until now too. And I've *never* had a receptionist refuse to pass along msgs to the Dr.

That is a relief. Hope your next dr has a great staff

I'm going to be so glad to move, for more than one reason! :lol:

My Ob/gyn office and my internal med doctor would only use a nurse to call instructions. A nurse has to be the one to call in regard to instructions of any bloodwork, test, pre-op, etc. A receptionist calls in regard to appointments/billing. Both offices have a sign in regard to this issue. I think it's in regard to the issue that the patient may have questions about the appt./procedure/etc.

My Ob/gyn office and my internal med doctor would only use a nurse to call instructions. A nurse has to be the one to call in regard to instructions of any bloodwork, test, pre-op, etc. A receptionist calls in regard to appointments/billing. Both offices have a sign in regard to this issue. I think it's in regard to the issue that the patient may have questions about the appt./procedure/etc.

Like I said, I honestly don't know if she's a RN as well. All I do know is that there's only her and the Dr there, and she's the one that calls you w/instructions.

Incorrect instructions :glare: