Menu

Didja hear that? That was me screaming.

I just had a big ol' June bug/water bug/whatever the heck these dang southerners call those nasty cockroach looking evil creatures, crawling on my shoulder! :willy_nilly: I thought it was the blanket rubbing against me.:eek:

shudder:ack2:shudder

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Dear Lord, I'm sorry. we have one stuck in the house. Everytime he appears he vanishes before I can grab a huge book. Those things are so nasty.

My ds told me yesterday he was two fears, wasps and those roaches.

Palmetto Bug is the technical name. For those of you dying to see one, here's the wiki page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_cockroach

I'm sorry Elaine, I suggest you sleep in the car now. :001_huh:

I just had a big ol' June bug/water bug/whatever the heck these dang southerners call those nasty cockroach looking evil creatures, crawling on my shoulder! :willy_nilly: I thought it was the blanket rubbing against me.:eek:

shudder:ack2:shudder

Oh.my.goodness!!!!!!!

Do they have those in NJ? Think of the positives!!!

Oh Dear Lord, I'm sorry. we have one stuck in the house. Everytime he appears he vanishes before I can grab a huge book. Those things are so nasty.

Palmetto Bug is the technical name. For those of you dying to see one, here's the wiki page.

:lol:

COCKROACHES!! I knew it. My neighbor insists that they are not cockoaches. The one that was on me was easily four inches long.

I am with elegantlion, you must sleep in the car, and possibly move tomorrow. I hate those things.

I hate bugs.

So far I am on nbr 2 huge spider killing this evening. I keep sucking them with the vac. than I get the heebie jeebies all night long.

Jet

It's dead. I have freakishly good aim with shoes.;) Now I just have to clean it up.:glare:

As long as he doesn't have friends... I learned about big bugs when I moved to the South. We moved out of married student housing because of bugs. Sleep tight.

I hate bugs.

So far I am on nbr 2 huge spider killing this evening. I keep sucking them with the vac. than I get the heebie jeebies all night long.

Jet

I used to do that until my husband said that they could crawl out. Now I kill them first because I am afraid that they will remember that I sucked them up and be angry. Then they will crawl out of the vacuum and seek some sort of arachnid revenge. I can't live with that kind of terror.;)

I used to do that until my husband said that they could crawl out. Now I kill them first because I am afraid that they will remember that I sucked them up and be angry. Then they will crawl out of the vacuum and seek some sort of arachnid revenge. I can't live with that kind of terror.;)

You just had to say that right before bed. Now I am going to have to say 10 hail mary's and 20 our fathers and a couple hrs.of EWTN, just to fall asleep.

Jet

You just had to say that right before bed. Now I am going to have to say 10 hail mary's and 20 our fathers and a couple hrs.of EWTN, just to fall asleep.

Jet

I'm sorry. I just tried to rep you but I think that I already did because it won't let me.

Sleep with one eye open...and some shoes.;)

Do you know that I'm like that with bees, wasps, and ants?

Someone once told me that when you kill them they emit some sound that their swarm detects and that they will find you and attack you.

It's one of those things that stuck with me, true or false. It's kind of like the time when I was 8 and my mom's friend casually mentioned that mice will get into your bed.

I slept on top of my bed for like a year after that.

And even now if dh moves his toe a certain way he can really freak me out!

I'm nuts!

Nope! No stinkin' Junebugs in NJ, baby!!! ;)

Oh, you guys are maligning Junebugs, who live outside like God intended and not under the sink like cock-a-roaches and Palmetto bugs. Junebugs are great big (think oversized Japanese beatles) and make wonderful playmates.

Junebugs, if you can get past their hard little toenails and scrabbly movements in your hand, are really fun to tie to a string and fly around. Lots of fun, until somebody loses a leg.

We didn't need video games when I was a kid. We had buttons and string, Junebugs and string, fingers and string...

Someone once told me that when you kill them they emit some sound that their swarm detects and that they will find you and attack you.

It's one of those things that stuck with me, true or false. It's kind of like the time when I was 8 and my mom's friend casually mentioned that mice will get into your bed.

I'm nuts!

If that makes you nuts, then I'm there with you. I still scream over spiders and such. Sad thing is I have to walk all through the dark house to go to bed now and I'm barefoot.

I'm nuts!

I am literally :lol: because I would totally believe that, too! Maybe we should not live near each other, too much hysteria and craziness!:lol:

I do that almost every nite. The only trouble is when they started doing the rosary , I always have the weirdest dreams.

Jet

Imagine the dreams you could have if they started doing the divine mercy chaplet as you fell asleep.;)

Oh, you guys are maligning Junebugs, who live outside like God intended and not under the sink like cock-a-roaches and Palmetto bugs. Junebugs are great big (think oversized Japanese beatles) and make wonderful playmates.

Junebugs, if you can get past their hard little toenails and scrabbly movements in your hand, are really fun to tie to a string and fly around. Lots of fun, until somebody loses a leg.

We didn't need video games when I was a kid. We had buttons and string, Junebugs and string, fingers and string...

I feel ill just thinking about that. Fer real. I have no feeling in my arms from the elbows down.:lol:

No. Just traffic and outrageously high taxes!:D

Nope! No stinkin' Junebugs in NJ, baby!!! ;)

That's right, you guys just keep telling yourselves that, and don't think about how our puppy used to chase them around our apartment bathroom and crunch them up when we were at Rutgers :eek: Sleep tight!!!!

:leaving:

(No, seriously though, that's one of my worst fears, even though the things are completely harmless. I also vote for the car.)

I'm nuts!

I totally believe that about bees and wasps. (Maybe not ants?) And if you're nuts, so am I.

If that makes you nuts, then I'm there with you. I still scream over spiders and such. Sad thing is I have to walk all through the dark house to go to bed now and I'm barefoot.

Can't you turn on a light? That's what I do. I hate walking through a dark room.

I spray spiders and flies with hair spray. Then they stiffen up and die. I like that.

Imagine the dreams you could have if they started doing the divine mercy chaplet as you fell asleep.;)

Is that the one with Mother Angelica, or is it the one with all the nuns? Or the one in Israel.

The one that gives me the freakies is the one early morning with all the young nuns, they have creepy high pitched voices.

Jet

I am literally :lol: because I would totally believe that, too! Maybe we should not live near each other, too much hysteria and craziness!:lol:

Oh noooooo!! I thought I was uniquely crazy! Who knew??? We'll have to form a support group!:lol:

Can't you turn on a light? That's what I do. I hate walking through a dark room.

I spray spiders and flies with hair spray. Then they stiffen up and die. I like that.

One of the problems my MIL has with me is that I kill spiders. She likes to take them outside.

You know, my mother speaks fondly of Junebugs too! What's that all about?

Of course when she was a little girl she used to pull the lighty things off lightening bugs and use them as earrings.

Oh. My.

That's right, you guys just keep telling yourselves that, and don't think about how our puppy used to chase them around our apartment bathroom and crunch them up when we were at Rutgers :eek: Sleep tight!!!!

(No, seriously though, that's one of my worst fears, even though the things are completely harmless. I also vote for the car.)

I wish we had a puppy to chase em. My cats run. Today there was a fly, the cat took one look and ran under the bed.

I keep asking my dd what they are going to do when our local roadrunner walks up to the sliding glass door. That will make them have nightmares.

Jet

:svengo:

:lol::lol::lol:

I do remember those lovely cockroaches in the Rutgers dorms. I had never even seen one before student housing.

But Junebugs are different than cockroaches. They're better. They aren't quite so nasty. Just ugly.:lol::lol:

Is that the one with Mother Angelica, or is it the one with all the nuns? Or the one in Israel.

The one that gives me the freakies is the one early morning with all the young nuns, they have creepy high pitched voices.

Jet

Yes, I think M.A. is in that one. They take turns chanting the first part, then the chorus chimes in with the rest of the song. It's just the same sentence over and over, but if you start thinking about it you might not have the pleasantest of dreams.

I know the ones you're talking about too...those high pitched voices are not nice to listen to at all. At least the Israel one has cool scenery though.