Menu

Gift ideas for 6.5yo who doesn't like toys

(For the most part) He does like nerf guns, but doesn't play w/ them often. Hates legos, action figures, cars, art supplies, and his marble run. He is a mathy kid and likes to play cards, monopoly, and any board game but Blokus. His big love is playing catch or basketball w/ dad and big brother, but he has lots of balls/gloves/bats already. He likes books, but isn't fluent enough to make reading that much fun at this point. He does like video games, so we'll probably get him 1 game if we can find a super-fun one.

He needs SOMETHING to open (besides underwear) on Christmas morning, but I'm coming up dry...does the Hive have any ideas for us?

(P.S. Bonus points if the present can be something he can do on his own...he wants someone to play with him ALL day long!)

This was my now almost 15 yo, and I'm racking my brain trying to remember what we used to get her. I was going to say audiobooks, as someone else mentioned. Music CDs were also kind of good for her. I know my daughter liked puzzles--those big ones with a bunch of large pieces that come in a box with a carrying handle. How about cool boy clothes? Does he have a favorite sports team whose gloves/hat/sweatshirt he needs? Boots? A sled? A bike? Clock for his room? Geosafari globe? Watch? Anything with his name on it, like a suitcase, backpack or sports bag? Tent for the backyard or play room?

Aquarium? This is what we got my 9 yo for his birthday, and he adores it. We gave him the aquarium and stuff for it, and a gift card to buy fish. There are a lot of kid-themed aquariums available at PetsMart.

Terri

iPod with kid friendly apps, audiobooks, and music loaded on it. I love gifting experiences. Movie tickets, bowling, and putt putt would be good. Looking for something bigger check out your local zoo or aquarium. They have behind the scenes packages or some aquariums let you swim with the fish. How about tickets to a theme park? Does he like plays? Theatre tickets. Music? Check out ticketmaster and see what concerts are playing in january. Last yr for my son's 6th birthday we gave him a ticket for a week long zoo camp, for his 5th bday we took him to the rodeo, and his 4th bday we took him to an amusement park (for younger kids). He can't remember any toys that he was given, but he still talks about these experiences.

Edited by Sctigermom