Menu

Nephew's 12 yr old BD Party~ What to buy??

I'm going to my nephew's Birthday party. Unfortunately we don't know him extremely well, but I'm wanting something more than an iTunes card....

He has a MacBook Pro with some music program..... I was thinking of small speakers...

He likes Chess...

He has a snake...

I only found out about the party on Friday....

I have to purchase something local. I have Target type stores, a mall, etc...

My kids are always needing new earbuds. Always. Constantly.

:iagree::iagree: You can not go wrong with a nice set of earbuds

At 12 my ds was still really into Lego but I agree with the PP - you never know these days. If he likes chess he might also like games like backgammon.

Edited by StillLearning

For tough age groups, or kids I don't know well, I like to give money in fun ways. They always like the money and the presentation :001_smile:

*Tape $1 bills together, end to end, and roll up. On the final bill, tape a piece of paper that says "pull me." Place the money roll into one of those international coffee tins. Make a slit in the plastic lid, and have the "pull me" paper poking out. They love seeing the money unfurl! Oh, I do like to secure the lid with tape or glue, to make sure it doesn't pop off when they pull.

*Write out an over-sized card with a silly story related to their age, and how much money you are giving them. "I wanted to give a great gift, so I asked 12people (followed by 12 dimes taped to the card), and went to 12 stores (12 quarters). But no one knows what to get a 12-yr-old boy! (12 dollar bills)."

*My dad did this to the grandsons, and they loved it. "I couldn't find a gift, so I'm giving you cold, hard cash." And it was a ton of change, frozen in a block of ice, and wrapped like a normal gift. Very fun.

And there are more ideas here.

For tough age groups, or kids I don't know well, I like to give money in fun ways. They always like the money and the presentation :001_smile:

*Tape $1 bills together, end to end, and roll up. On the final bill, tape a piece of paper that says "pull me." Place the money roll into one of those international coffee tins. Make a slit in the plastic lid, and have the "pull me" paper poking out. They love seeing the money unfurl! Oh, I do like to secure the lid with tape or glue, to make sure it doesn't pop off when they pull.

*Write out an over-sized card with a silly story related to their age, and how much money you are giving them. "I wanted to give a great gift, so I asked 12people (followed by 12 dimes taped to the card), and went to 12 stores (12 quarters). But no one knows what to get a 12-yr-old boy! (12 dollar bills)."

*My dad did this to the grandsons, and they loved it. "I couldn't find a gift, so I'm giving you cold, hard cash." And it was a ton of change, frozen in a block of ice, and wrapped like a normal gift. Very fun.

And there are more ideas here.

:iagree: My mother-in-law crumpled dollar bills in newspapers and stuffed an entire large box with them and just crumpled paper. Ds had a blast!

For the 12 year old boy in my life...he really just loves itunes cards or cash or candy. Not too interesting, but really what he wants. I agree with just packaging it well (or doing the itunes card with the great earbuds--that would be a great combination). Or I get several candy items...make it in kind of a bouquet shape all tied together and then put the cash or card in the midst of them. If you look on pinterest you will find more ideas than you though possible for gift cards/cash gifts.