Menu

If you have no intention of getting up until 7am do not set your alarm for 5am

Why would you choose to push snooze for 2 hours?

This morning I got up and heard two, not one but two, alarm clocks going off at 5am. Said alarm clock owners did not shut them off until the rooms' lights were turned on and owners were...ahem...shaken gently.

No one has gotten up at 5am in this house for as long as I can remember. Generally a 5am wakeup has a direct link to "we are leaving for vacation at 5am."

What I have done in the past is to tell the guilty party (in a very sweet and helpful voice), "if you are setting your alarm for that time I am going to assume that you really want to be up at that time, so I will help you!"

Then, rather than lay there and fume while the alarm goes off for two hours, I get up at the first buzzer and start turning on lights, making coffee, turning on the tv or radio (on MY side so not easy to hit snooze button), and basically making as much noise as possible. I am not being ugly, I am helping. :D

After a few days, he got the point.

:D

Love this idea! Maybe the said culprits just need a little help.

What I have done in the past is to tell the guilty party (in a very sweet and helpful voice), "if you are setting your alarm for that time I am going to assume that you really want to be up at that time, so I will help you!"

Then, rather than lay there and fume while the alarm goes off for two hours, I get up at the first buzzer and start turning on lights, making coffee, turning on the tv or radio (on MY side so not easy to hit snooze button), and basically making as much noise as possible. I am not being ugly, I am helping. :D

I tried that once. That resulted in a really big arguement. I thought I was helping.

Dh works 3rd shift and gets home usually around 5.. he likes to come up into our bedroom (where 10 wk old ds is sleeping) and watch tv, play a video game.. or cuddle and talk....:glare: Waking me up is bad enough but waking ds up is... ahhhh!

P.S. He sleeps during the day and we all try to be quiet. Somehow he still insists that he doesnt get any sleep:001_smile:

My roommate before marriage (who is now my SIL) did this every day! It didn't affect me per se, because I got up early for work, took my shower, got my coffee, got dressed, etc., etc., all with her alarm honking away for hours. I left the house with it still honking. It wasn't really a problem for me, but I thought it was totally bizarre.

:D