Menu

Storing Large Toys for Boys

If your sons play with large toys such as swords, shields, nerf guns, nerf battle axes, etc., how do you store them?

We have a room pretty much devoted to an arsenal. I'm not joking. We have every Nerf gun (x3), melee weapon, light saber, sword, shield, and etc., available PLUS what they and dh construct on their own. It is seriously an amazing collection. That said, they (and their friends) do use the entire arsenal, but I have no idea how to organize it. They don't WANT to organize it and I'm just counting myself fortunate that we have a room upstairs (where I never go if I can help it) where they can do whatever they want with all of that and I don't ever have to look at it. Until I'm pulling darts and bullets and discs out of my crochet basket next to my desk.

Swords and guns either go in an umbrella stand in the mudroom,

I tried instituting that for my kids' swords, but once they had 20+ swords and another couple dozen light sabers that just didn't work. I would LOVE to see how people store HARD-CORE SERIOUS play artillery!

Most of our weaponry and battles are ONLY ALLOWED OUTSIDE! So, we have a Deck Box on the back porch and all swords, shields, light sabers, nerf guns, sais, nunchucks, waterguns, stomp rockets, pool noodles and any other assorted artillery are all kept there. :D We also have a smaller "weapons" box in the playroom where a few nerf guns and darts are kept, in response to pleas from the owners. But if they use them to shoot mama or anywhere in the vicinity of the baby, they are banished outside as well.