Menu

Which PDF viewer for iPad?

Goodreader. It has phenomenal tech support and can open a multitude of file types (including .zip) as well as simulating a file system for organizing files. You can mark up, highlight, create bookmarks, etc. It also works with several types of cloud sync such as dropbox and sugar sync among others.

They spent 3 days with me emailing back and forth about a problem with GR that turned out to be diagnostic of a hardware failure on my iPad. They told me they had exhausted every means of troubleshooting and thought it was hardware related, and when Apple tested it they were correct.

It's the second best app I have. The best is KnitCompanion. :)

I have a bunch but use Perfect Reader. I find it easier to get documents on and off the iPad with it than iBooks, which I never use. I just downloaded Notability but haven't used it much. I thought about switching but have so many loaded there, I've just stuck with it. I did contact the creator a couple times, who was nice and did respond.

I have a bunch but use Perfect Reader. I find it easier to get documents on and off the iPad with it than iBooks, which I never use. I just downloaded Notability but haven't used it much. I thought about switching but have so many loaded there, I've just stuck with it. I did contact the creator a couple times, who was nice and did respond.

Can you rename and categorize in Perfect Reader?

Can you rename and categorize in Perfect Reader?

Yes, I have all sorts of folders, and delete/rename/move files. And you can set up a wireless connection so you can upload and download files between another computer and the iPad, without involving iTunes, a cord, or emailing it.

I bought the Pro version, because I didn't see there was a free one, and I am not sure what additional features it offers. It has a text to speech option, but I've never used it.

This is the developer's website

http://www.futuremediastudio.com/

Yes, I have all sorts of folders, and delete/rename/move files. And you can set up a wireless connection so you can upload and download files between another computer and the iPad, without involving iTunes, a cord, or emailing it.

I bought the Pro version, because I didn't see there was a free one, and I am not sure what additional features it offers. It has a text to speech option, but I've never used it.

This is the developer's website

http://www.futuremediastudio.com/

Thanks for the info. I was sold at "no iTunes/cord"!