Menu

Do you have friends?

Do you have close friends?  

1. 1. Do you have close friends?

• No, but hundreds of superficial friendships via social media
    • No, and I don't utilize social media, either
    • No, and I'm really content this way
    • No, but I would like to
    • Yes, I have a few close friends in real life(1-4)
    • Yes, I have many close friends in real life(5+)

I have many friends. Some closer than others. I could call on a handful of them at any time if there were a need. If ther were a true emergency I could call on all of them and all would aid me in some way with varying degrees of speed.

I don't do FB. I prefer to interact in a more personal way.

I do not consider Facebook friends to be "friends" or even "acquaintances." I'm not sure what they are. I haven't tried to define that yet. Not that I don't like my Facebook "friends" but I don't consider them a "friend." They're just sort of there and we entertain each other with our posts.

The friends I call "good" friends do not live in my time zone. Some of them are family, but most of them I keep up with on FB. It's really the reason I started FB.

In real life there are 5 families I can think of off the top of my head that can and do call ME and I will have their kid (s) over. But it is not both ways. Mostly we are "friends" due to the kids. One of the mothers likes to have DD over, but otherwise it's a one way street.

VERY few real life friends, though I have many acquaintances. TONS of online friends that I exchange lots of fun stuff with. A few online friends that I can vent to.

It's really hard to develop relationships with people when you're mostly with the kids. I figure it won't always be like this so I try not to sweat it.

OP--sorry you don't have anyone in real life who can be there for you.

I have one friend here in town. We text most days, but don't get together much-were both pretty busy. I have a childhood friend I talk to about once a year who I can tell anything to. But she lives very far and drops off the planet for months or years. Other than that, I have my cats. Yes, I'm pathetic.

I have a few close friends, and a few less close that could become close. I don't have a lot of superficial friends really, although there are people I would call acquaintances. I usually know them well enough to say hi or something like that. I don't really have most of those people as facebook friends and such unless there is some other reason to want to contact them. I think I only have 76 Facebook friends. Most are family and a few are childhood friends I'm not really close to any more, but I was at one time.

I have over 300 FB 'friends' but I don't have any close friends. The majority of my FB peeps are from high school, college, Scouts, 4H, and tennis. I have a few family members on FB and I cherish being able to share our lives on a daily basis.

I do not have any close friends IRL. I am perpetually lonely and alone and would love to have a few good friends to share my life. I have been unhappy for many years and have pushed people away. There are numerous reasons - introversion, low self-esteem, low self-worth, depression, etc. - which have played a big part in my loneliness. I also tend to run away and hide if I sense conflict or think I have done something to offend someone.

I work part time and my office is at home, not on campus, so I rarely get to interact with the other instructors. Adjuncts are not officially included in the trainings, seminars, etc that are offered to full time instructors so I also lose out on that avenue for professional socialization.

My DH's job doesn't have a set schedule and he is gone between 24-48 hours when he works. There are no regular days off. It is difficult to invite people over for dinner or make plans when we don't know DH's schedule. After entertaining couples by myself a few times I just quit making plans or accepting invitations. I dislike being the only person without a spouse at events and outings.

Edited by The Dragon Academy

I have only...hmmmm...35 Facebook friends and most are family peoples. The only person I have close that I could vent to lives next door to me and oh yea, she's my sister (and I consider her a friend as well). Unfortunately, I have to pick and choose my vents with her. My other sister lives about 6 hours away and I also consider her a friend but I can't call her on a whim anymore. I used to have friends then I moved out here. :glare: It is really, really hard for me to make friends. I wish I could be somewhere with more people, not there would be any guarantee I would make friends but at least the possibility would be higher. Tonight I have a big long vent stuck in my head and no one really cares to hear my ramblings on the subject in my head (my sisters or my SO). If I lived else where when I had friends, people would have at least listened to me without giving me advice that I really didn't want. Then they would have been nicer and offered me a shot of my choice before I went home. :lol: I miss how life used to be. *sigh* One day, I'll find a close friend again.