Menu

Fashionista help?

Odd day today. First a new teeny kitten and then a sweetie of a friend stops by to give me these shoes. They are gorgeous, but I never wear wedge heels like that and I don't know with what I could wear them.

My style is mostly classic cut slacks, skirts, blouses, cardigans, jackets -- for work. Daywear is mostly bootcut or straightleg slacks or jeans and (right now because it's fall) sweaters or a top and blazer. I also wear dresses frequently, mostly wrap style or a-line or with a slim cut (like a pencil skirt on the bottom).

I'm no stranger to shoes, but these have me stumped.

Help?

I'd probably wear those with a skirt and cute top. I'm no good at figuring out how to wear heels with jeans/pants. I have no idea what length the pants are supposed to be. :confused:

I'm picturing them with a colorful jewel-tone skirt and top, and gold accessories. Or a color-block dress. But I don't have any shoes remotely like those, so I could be completely off. :tongue_smilie:

Wendi

Those shoes are fun shoes! You can work those into your classic attire. Wear them with black slacks, a black jacket, and a fun teal shirt. Wear them with long jeans and teal earrings or a teal necklace. I'm not a big wedge-shoe person. I like being short;). But those shoes just beg someone to have fun with them.

What they said. You can wear those with the clothes you've described, no problem. Although, perhaps my Brazilian influence is coming through -- ladies here wear heals with everything. Wedges, platforms, regular heels, doesn't matter. Shorts, skirts, jeans, all of the above.

I'd think a dark jean and a teal sweater would even be fun with that. But again....that might just be Brazil talking.

Enjoy!

Those are nice. I never used a wedge heel until this past year...A friend of mine explained how they have that rise under your toes and distribute your weight better...for less foot pain. Wow...I never realized what a difference. So..now I have a bunch of wedge heels and I love them!

I use mine with jeans or pants...they look great with capri pants or even dresses. Something like those with a solid dress possibly a pair of pants...black, white, jean, with a sweater in white, teal, or maybe a few speckles of teal? They make a nice pop with a white top and a solid pant. Im really picky about my heels with dresses as I am used to a thin shoe not anything bulky...but it is just a matter of getting used to them.

I like just adding a necklace and bracelet like someone else said and just match those with your shoes.

You see a lot of ladies do that with Red heels...I have to get me a red pair that does that "POP" but the teal is pretty!!

You can wear the those with all you described and I wouldn't worry too much about trying to match your top to your shoes. I think a fun pop of color with shoes looks great.

:iagree: Fun! I'm jealous of your shoes (just call me Imelda) & your kitty (just call me a crazy cat lady).

They look like not only wedges, but also platforms. Overall, I don't like platforms because I feel like they're dangerous to wear while driving. (To me, it feels like having a hard block strapped to the bottom of my foot & I can't feel the pedals well. I used to have a few pairs of platforms & never wore them when driving -- changed shoes as needed. Just mentioning that in case you haven't had platforms before.... So, be safe when driving in platforms. That's just my little personal soapbox about platforms & my 2 cents of course! :tongue_smilie::D)

Overall, I don't like platforms because I feel like they're dangerous to wear while driving. (To me, it feels like having a hard block strapped to the bottom of my foot & I can't feel the pedals well. I used to have a few pairs of platforms & never wore them when driving -- changed shoes as needed. Just mentioning that in case you haven't had platforms before.... So, be safe when driving in platforms. That's just my little personal soapbox about platforms & my 2 cents of course! :tongue_smilie::D)

LOL...I always wear sandals when Im driving....I feel the same way. Someone told me they sell a pair at walgreens that fold up tiny just for this purpose!

:iagree: Fun! I'm jealous of your shoes (just call me Imelda) & your kitty (just call me a crazy cat lady).

They look like not only wedges, but also platforms. Overall, I don't like platforms because I feel like they're dangerous to wear while driving. (To me, it feels like having a hard block strapped to the bottom of my foot & I can't feel the pedals well. I used to have a few pairs of platforms & never wore them when driving -- changed shoes as needed. Just mentioning that in case you haven't had platforms before.... So, be safe when driving in platforms. That's just my little personal soapbox about platforms & my 2 cents of course! :tongue_smilie::D)

No worries. I can't drive in any heels so i keep a pair of "driving flats" in my car. :D