Menu

Mr. Darcy-Hey Girl

Huge Darcy fan, here. I have a sweatshirt that proclaims me as "Mrs. Darcy." :D I wanted to name our boy cat Darcy, but dd thought that sounded like a girl name and she didn't like P&P. :svengo: We named him Thor instead.

Huge Darcy fan, here. I have a sweatshirt that proclaims me as "Mrs. Darcy." :D I wanted to name our boy cat Darcy, but dd thought that sounded like a girl name and she didn't like P&P. :svengo: We named him Thor instead.

In the future you might consider Mr. Knightley. At least Knightley sounds more masculine. I think I like MR. Knightley better anyway. I completely forgot I wanted to use it for our next pet and Dd picked Miles Standish instead. Way different vibe.

In the future you might consider Mr. Knightley. At least Knightley sounds more masculine. I think I like MR. Knightley better anyway. I completely forgot I wanted to use it for our next pet and Dd picked Miles Standish instead. Way different vibe.

You have a point. And I loved Emma. But Knightley is so odd. Was he just waiting around until Emma outgrew her training bra? It's weird. He was hot and way eligible. But he was hangin' out until Emma could reach an acceptable age, no?

You have a point. And I loved Emma. But Knightley is so odd. Was he just waiting around until Emma outgrew her training bra? It's weird. He was hot and way eligible. But he was hangin' out until Emma could reach an acceptable age, no?

Emma was so immature though. She really needed Mr. K. I think he saw the good in her beneath all the childishness. And she kind of grew on him, and he loved her in spite of all the silly things she did . Now, IRL I may not be so accepting of Mr. K and all his comments, especially if they were turned on me! Well, now I'm going to have to go back and read Emma just re-examine Knightley vs. Darcy.

Nah, I don't think he ever thought about her like that until Frank Churchill entered the picture. Then he suddenly saw her through different eyes. It's amazing what a little competition will do! (That's my take, anyway ... the other just doesn't bear thinking of! :ack2:)

Nah, I don't think he ever thought about her like that until Frank Churchill entered the picture. Then he suddenly saw her through different eyes. It's amazing what a little competition will do! (That's my take, anyway ... the other just doesn't bear thinking of! :ack2:)

:iagree: I never had the impression he thought of her that way until later--just like Emma didn't have romantic feelings for him from the start.