Menu

I crock potted 2 whole chickens...

And 2 chicken breasts......now....what do I do with them???

We are a grain free family....so my stuffed breads, and my fried rice are OUT. I stirred some of it with kale last night....but now, I have all this cooked chicken and am like :001_unsure::001_unsure::blink::blink:

So please...before dinner time...point me in the cooked chicken recipe direction....my family will thank you!!

Shred it for Cabbage Rolls? You can freeze shredded chicken into small batches and thaw as-needed for several weeks. Add to soups, omelettes, ... I'll think of more ...

Cube it for lettuce wraps? So many different flavorings: Southwestern, Asian, BBQ

Mix it for chicken salad? You could do that with the lettuce wraps or eat plain as a side.

Cut into strips for fajitas or green salads. No need for tortillas, just eat the meat and sides without. Serve with steamed or sauteed veggies (squash, peppers).

Chop for a stir-fry. Instead of serving over rice, serve over steamed or sauteed veggies (cabbage, carrots)

Taco salad, so no tortilla chips or shells. Just the toppings.

Chicken salad with mayo, grapes, and walnuts.

Chicken soup: saute onions, carrots, and celery. Add chicken stock (homemade or store-bought) and diced cooked chicken. Stir in some greens at the end and season.

If you eat beans, white bean chili.

Chunks of chicken over mixed salad greens, add some veggies and vinaigrette.

And 2 chicken breasts......now....what do I do with them???

We are a grain free family....so my stuffed breads, and my fried rice are OUT. I stirred some of it with kale last night....but now, I have all this cooked chicken and am like :001_unsure::001_unsure::blink::blink:

So please...before dinner time...point me in the cooked chicken recipe direction....my family will thank you!!

de-bone them and add in a jar of salsa. I eat it this way, my family puts it over their current fav. carb. (potatoes, rices or in a tortilla)

de-bone them and add in a jar of salsa. I eat it this way, my family puts it over their current fav. carb. (potatoes, rices or in a tortilla)

I do 2-3 at a time then divide them among freezer bags and add things like salsa, bbq sauce or teriyaki sauce. Easy to pull out and heat up and serve with veggies.

If you eat potatoes, hash is yummy -- either white or sweet potatoes cooked in olive oil or bacon grease. with peppers, onion, garlic, smoked paprika, lots of black pepper and then add in the cooked chicken. Delicious with homemade gravy (stock and arrowroot powder). You can also wilt kale or spinach on top, or cook in Swiss chard. Yum!

Eta: and I always have a few bags of cooked chicken in the freezers for quick meals like hash, chicken pot pie or shepherds pie (another option if you eat potatoes)