Menu

Aw man, I am ready to kick some major donkey.

My smartie pants dh and my equally smartie pants 20 yr old pulled a cutie on me and I fell for it hook, line and sinker. Eldest dd was in on it too, but since she ratted on them she's safe. They don't know it yet, but I'm plotting against them. What to do, what to do???:sneaky2:

My smartie pants dh and my equally smartie pants 20 yr old pulled a cutie on me and I fell for it hook, line and sinker. Eldest dd was in on it too, but since she ratted on them she's safe. They don't know it yet, but I'm plotting against them. What to do, what to do???:sneaky2:

I don't know...but I wouldn't want to cross you! They must be brave souls :lol:.

What on Earth did they do?

To me this is really embarrasing.

I never knew that our van had controls on the back on the steering wheel that control the radio. I know, I'm stupid, but I drive with my hands at 12 and 6 instead of 9 and 3. Anyhow, on the way home from church dh was flipping through the radio stations (without me knowing that it was him, or how it was happening). I was so surprised everytime the stations changed, and when it would hit a song I liked, it would pause for the song and the volume would turn up. If I didn't like the song, it would go on to another station.

Well I was just amazed, then dh started feeding me a bunch of crap about artificial intelligence, and how the car radio knew what I listened to. The two oldest kids, in the seats right behind us, were silently rolling around everytime I opened my mouth.

Dd confessed today while we were driving. The guys don't know that I know, so for now I'll play dumb, which shouldn't be too much of a stretch for me.

I never knew that our van had controls on the back on the steering wheel that control the radio. I know, I'm stupid, but I drive with my hands at 12 and 6 instead of 9 and 3. Anyhow, on the way home from church dh was flipping through the radio stations (without me knowing that it was him, or how it was happening). I was so surprised everytime the stations changed, and when it would hit a song I liked, it would pause for the song and the volume would turn up. If I didn't like the song, it would go on to another station.

Well I was just amazed, then dh started feeding me a bunch of crap about artificial intelligence, and how the car radio knew what I listened to. The two oldest kids, in the seats right behind us, were silently rolling around everytime I opened my mouth.

Dd confessed today while we were driving. The guys don't know that I know, so for now I'll play dumb, which shouldn't be too much of a stretch for me.

Don't be embarrassed...but you have to admit it was a good one....:lol:

Definitely make them pay........evil grin here......:D

That is so freakin' hilarious...I was literally LOL....but WITH you...not AT you.....nah, it was totally at you! Sorry! :tongue_smilie::lol:

It amazes me what the family will pull, on the person who makes their food.

That is exactly what I was thinking. This would be the perfect time to serve your sweet family a delicious looking dessert which is really this:

The Meatloaf Cake

Everyone will look at you wide-eyed when you serve dessert first. But, surprise! It only looks like dessert...

Two round cake pans

Your favorite meatloaf recipe

Mashed potatoes

Ketchup

Cherry tomatoes

Prepare your favorite meatloaf recipe as you normally would, but, before baking, divide the mixture into the two round cake pans and pat it flat.

Bake as usual, but shorten the cooking time (these thinner meatloaves won't take nearly as long to cook).

While the meatloaf is in the oven, make a batch of mashed potatoes, adding a little extra milk to them and whipping them with an electric beater until they are fluffy and spreadable.

When the meatloaves are done, invert one of them onto a round plate.

Cover the meat with a thick, even layer of mashed potatoes.

Place the other meatloaf on top of the potato layer, and finish frosting the "cake" with the remaining potatoes.

Garnish with halved cherry tomatoes to look like cherries.

Just before serving, decorate the top of your cake with ketchup. Write a personalized message, or just a simple "Happy April Fool's Day!"

LOL!! That is funny. You could play along and tell them that it is broken, because you didn't really want to hear that song. Tell them that they need to take it in to be fixed because it is no longer reading your mind correctly!

That was a good one, Remudamom. I hope you can think of something good to get them back. My dh once convinced my poor blonde oldest daughter that the new GPS unit would enable the car to fly when the traffic got too bad. But you didn't want to use it all the time, see, because there was a really expensive surcharge.:lol:

I need to go check my steering wheel.

I like the meatloaf idea. Here's another one:

Bake a beautiful cake, a real one, chocolate.

Bring a horse blanket into the kitchen and hide it for some "odor atmosphere"

Let them eat the cake. Do not eat it yourself.

Proceed to tell them you know all about the radio controls.

While they are finishing up tell them you put in a little extra ingredient from the paddock, KWIM? (Don't really put manure in there though!!)

Let them sit there in shock for as long as you can keep a straight face.

It's up to you whether you ever tell them the truth!!