Menu

At what age does the newborn sleepiness go away for your kids?

I think it depends on the baby, for my three they were past this stage within 48 hours or so.

:iagree:, Actually, that was true for my son. My daughter NEVER had the "newborn sleepy" phase. She was awake 20 hours total, out of her first 24. Nursed for most of them. She never was/isn't a great sleeper.

The only baby I had that with was my daughter and she was early and pretty jaundiced. I ended up going back to the hospital with her. My other two babies fell into a routine within a couple days. My youngest was a super light sleeper which wasn't fun with two other kids in the house, and he was super alert. In fact, he still is.

What is this strange phenomenon of which you speak? I've raised 3 babies and never had any such thing!

:iagree: with PP. With my first baby, I went to the garage to pump breastmilk. TO THE GARAGE! Because that noise could not be inside the house or dd would instantly wake up.

What is this strange phenomenon of which you speak? I've raised 3 babies and never had any such thing!

:iagree: with PP. With my first baby, I went to the garage to pump breastmilk. TO THE GARAGE! Because that noise could not be inside the house or dd would instantly wake up.

:lol: oh my!

I guess every baby is different. I know one poster mentioned her baby being early and jaundiced that had this stage. Maybe that is why all my babies have done this. They have all been early and jaundiced. Funny thing is though this baby was the earliest and most jaundiced out of them all. I feel like he NEVER sleeps. Like the other poster said, awake 20 hours a day and for most of that he is crying :( He is our unhappiest baby we've had.

Just had our fourth and he's the only one that slept through anything. Only lasted about two weeks. I actually thought there was something wrong with him. He slept through motorcycles revving their engines in parking garages and everything. My other kids were never like that! He is now a light sleeper at four months. :(

DS13 was an amazing sleeper. He was born 5 weeks early and jaundiced and he could sleep through anything. He slept hours and hours on end for the first couple of months. Within the first week he had gotten himself on a schedule and slept through the night. He still had occasional bouts where he would wake up once during the night to eat but more often than not, it was just me waking up to CHECK on him. :tongue_smilie:

DS13 was an amazing sleeper. He was born 5 weeks early and jaundiced and he could sleep through anything. He slept hours and hours on end for the first couple of months. Within the first week he had gotten himself on a schedule and slept through the night. He still had occasional bouts where he would wake up once during the night to eat but more often than not, it was just me waking up to CHECK on him. :tongue_smilie:

This has been my experience as well... NOT with this one though lol

My other three did exactly what yours did but then they started waking again at around 5 months old. This little guy is a whole new thing for me.

:iagree: That would be pretty sweet, I want one of those babies. My son is like that, but it only took about 7 yrs to get to that stage.