Menu

Eating Low Carb is making me CRANKY!

I would say it is pretty normal. I would try to up your fats and eat more frequently to get you through those tough first days. Make sure you have lots of acceptable snacks on hand like hard boiled or deviled eggs.

Oh! This is a great point, and reminded me of something I did last time. Someone here posted about how they were cutting back on carbs and was having a hard time, so she started having a tbsp of coconut oil when she was really struggling. Within a few days, her cravings were greatly decreased. An IRL friend said something similar to me, that she was putting coconut oil in her breakfast every morning, and she was finding her appetite decreasing too. I tried taking a tbsp of coconut oil when I last went low carb, and I found it helped me a lot too.

If you like coconut oil and can stand eating it straight, you might try it and see if it helps get you through.

It is hard! The first time I did it I could barely function. Seriously, I felt like I was in a stupor. It kind of scared me into realizing how big of a problem I had. I was a serious sugar addict.

I drank alot of coffee to get through. I know Atkins says to watch the caffeine but I really needed it to get through the initial withdrawl. I had flavored stevia I used in my coffee. Being able to hold something sweet and warm in my hand while I stumbled around in my cranky stupor made me feel a little better.

What you are experiencing is normal. Hang in there. It gets so much better and it is so worth it.

Yep. The first time I did it, it took me about 6-7 days to get past the crankiness and despair. After that, it got much, much easier. Hold on tight, you can do it :grouphug:

I would say it is pretty normal. I would try to up your fats and eat more frequently to get you through those tough first days. Make sure you have lots of acceptable snacks on hand like hard boiled or deviled eggs.

Oh! This is a great point, and reminded me of something I did last time. Someone here posted about how they were cutting back on carbs and was having a hard time, so she started having a tbsp of coconut oil when she was really struggling. Within a few days, her cravings were greatly decreased. An IRL friend said something similar to me, that she was putting coconut oil in her breakfast every morning, and she was finding her appetite decreasing too. I tried taking a tbsp of coconut oil when I last went low carb, and I found it helped me a lot too.

If you like coconut oil and can stand eating it straight, you might try it and see if it helps get you through.

:iagree:

• 4 weeks later...