Menu

What is the name of this song??

"Good" sounds much better than "Old"..... which is really the case here - I remember listening to them on 8-track.

LOL I meant because I saw the time that she posted the question and the time that you posted with the answer and it was just minutes after she posted the question. :) That's pretty darn good! :) hehe

Funny, I've been playing selections from Running On Empty (b/c some of the songs make me go "Eeww" now and I don't want my kids listening to everything on the disc). Ds has taken a liking to Stay and I'm getting tired of it, so I knew the song as soon as I read your description.

It's time for me to change up car discs. I'm thinking I'll include another Jackson Browne disc (on a kick right now) and a lot of classical--I'm growing a little weary of lyrics. :)

Here is something ya'll might find interesting.

I suffer from depression and yes, our lives suck right now, but I find it harder and harder to fight these days.

I learned (just these last couple of days) that I re-charge by singing!!

I was a really good singer in my day (sort of regret never taking it anywhere)

But I had friends that hated me singing near them and my children (when they were real little) didn't like me singing (to the radio and in the house to cds)

But I have spent the last couple of days watching Glee and looking up songs on youtube.

I feel mentally clearer than I have in months!!!

Got the cd player going and I am doing housework.

It's funny that some of my best times are associated with singing!!! (painting, housework, driving--- you know those times when you crank the radio and sing at the top of your lungs!!

I'll never be competitive like I was in HS, but maybe I can be happier now!!!

Lara

Here is something ya'll might find interesting.

I suffer from depression and yes, our lives suck right now, but I find it harder and harder to fight these days.

I learned (just these last couple of days) that I re-charge by singing!!

I was a really good singer in my day (sort of regret never taking it anywhere)

But I had friends that hated me singing near them and my children (when they were real little) didn't like me singing (to the radio and in the house to cds)

But I have spent the last couple of days watching Glee and looking up songs on youtube.

I feel mentally clearer than I have in months!!!

Got the cd player going and I am doing housework.

It's funny that some of my best times are associated with singing!!! (painting, housework, driving--- you know those times when you crank the radio and sing at the top of your lungs!!

I'll never be competitive like I was in HS, but maybe I can be happier now!!!

Lara

This makes perfect sense to me. In my recent reading through many books about anxiety/depression I have seen singing mentioned many times as a way of releasing stress and tension. I often think back to when I first had Dc and cleaned with Cds or the radio on. I was happy doing whatever as long as I had some music on.

It's too bad cranking up favorites is not exactly conducive to Dc getting their schoolwork done. Since I am out of the habit, I often forget about music for cleaning.