Menu

Quick help, please! - TMI

how long are things ususally? Are we talking about cutting off a day or 3?

If it's just a day there is some evidence that women who use tampons have longer cycles, so switching to pads for the days before the wedding will speed things up.

:iagree: This has worked for me. I thought I read somewhere that high doses of Vitamin C could also help w/menstrual symptoms. Try the Emergen-C products.

Its embarrassing. I can understand that. So embarrassing to tell a guy who's waited that long that he'll probably have to wait even longer.

But.

Frankly, once you admit it and get it over with...its not that bad. In fact, it makes the whole process more adventurous and interesting. It slows everything down. It gives you time for experimentation instead of getting the deed done.

As a woman, I can't imagine a better way for it to go...slow. ;)

I think it's a bad idea to try some sort of herbal remedy she's never tried before! She really risks having some weird reaction, and ruining her entire wedding.

For the record, Shepherd's Purse is considered a food plant more than it's considered a medicinal herb. It's well known among foragers as something you can pick to make a salad (or cook to eat), and about as likely to cause a reaction. I always figured it was one of the spring greens Ma Ingalls gathered for their meals as winter receded. I wouldn't be alarmed to see it in one of those "Spring Blend" salad mixes that you can buy at the grocery. Yes, people react to new foods, but I'd consider it safer than a lot of things (including, frankly, going on the pill).

Since it's an early spring plant, you wouldn't be able to find it fresh right now -- you'd use a few drops of tincture if you wanted one of its "side effects" such as stopping hemorrhage.

Not to pick on this exact post, but I think it's a shame that we have no clue what the common plants growing around us are used for. It reminds me of when the little neighbor girl came over and was shocked to see dd pick a blueberry off of a bush and eat it -- her only knowledge of blueberries was in the form of store-bought blueberry muffins, apparently.

That doesn't mean she isn't mature enough to get married; I'm not trying to curse the marriage or anything. It's just a really bad precedent for approaching women's health issues. If she's not broke, don't fix it, especially when your primary reason is to not be ashamed of your functioning female body in front of a man who wants that body for other purposes.

Right on, Tibbie!