Menu

Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Hey computer guru's, I need some advice. I am still running IE6. I know, it's bad. I hang my head in shame. In my past life, I was a programmer/analyst. You would think I could make software decisions like this but...I just can't bring myself to switch to Firefox.

My main concern is that I don't know which websites I will lose. So the question before us today is: IE7 or Firefox?

I would make it a poll but I haven't the time this morning to play with it. I am upgrading the browser tonight!

I didn't understand when you said you would lose websites though...

I read on the Firefox website that you might not be able to access some websites. That they won't load on any other browser then IE. I don't know anything more then that. Sorry. But that is what I am nervous about.

Thanks,

Christy

I do keep IE on my desktop because there is one site my husband visits that won't work with Firefox. Actually, the site works, but there is a videocam of a fishing pier he likes to check out that won't work on Firefox for some reason. The rest of the website is accessible. That's just one site out of many.

Sue

FIREFOX!!!!

Sometimes there are a few things that won't load into it, but I just copy and paste the url into my IE browser tab THAT I HAVE IN FIREFOX and it work just fine.

Also Firefox will save all your log-ons and passwords (If you want that, I LOVE it) without you having to press a single key.

I heart Firefox! :D

Hey computer guru's, I need some advice. I am still running IE6. I know, it's bad. I hang my head in shame. In my past life, I was a programmer/analyst. You would think I could make software decisions like this but...I just can't bring myself to switch to Firefox.

My main concern is that I don't know which websites I will lose. So the question before us today is: IE7 or Firefox?

I would make it a poll but I haven't the time this morning to play with it. I am upgrading the browser tonight!

We have been running Firefox for a couple of years and have been very pleased. Every once in a while I will run across a website that will not load (normally is is something with video), but there is an "add-on" you can add that will let you right click on the mouse and choose "view this page in IE." It will open that page in IE without any copy/pasting. HTHs