Menu

Big news from our family...

We've just confirmed that we're moving to Turkey! This is a very exciting opportunity for us, and we're all thrilled at the new adventure ahead. My dh will take a position at a prestigious English language research university in Ankara, Bilkent University, which has outstanding deparments in classical music, nanotechnology, archeology, art history, Turkish literature, engineering, international relations, just to name a few. It is a beautiful new campus located just outside the capital, http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/

Our kids will attend the international high school on campus, which offers an IB diploma program (three languages, heavy on math and science, just terrific curriculum). We spent some time there in May and we're very impressed with the students and the faculty-- it is really special! And I will help out there two days a week in their English classes.

So, lots of changes for us! Now I'll have to change my name from Anne/PA to Anne/Bilkent or something! But I'm sure I'll continue to hang out here for all the ongoing information and advice that I receive here. And I can say that our WTM education, from K-8th grade, really prepared my kids to face this new challenging step in their educational program. They're very excited, and so am I!

Very cool. We are going to be working at a charter school this next year whose founders are from Turkey. It is modeled after a sister school also started by Turkish folk, and each summer that school takes a field trip to Turkey, so we're hoping maybe to get a trip to there in the not too distant future. Your lives will be changed, I am sure. Turkey seems so historical in a very big way. Please do keep us all updated on this grand adventure. maybe start a blog? If I was able to do it, anyone can! ;) Thanks for sharing.