Menu

Old fashioned entertainments

Sing a longs, piano playing, whittling, story telling, making ice cream (hand crank), scavenger hunt, sack race, running with egg on spoon, kite flying, jigsaw puzzles, cartwheeling and other home roughhousing, swinging, cutting pictures out of paper, paper airplane folding, juggling, hopscotch, leapfrog, popping corn. How about Mother, May I? Tiddlywinks and jacks. I never played Tiddlywinks, but I think my mom said she did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_traditional_children's_games

Board games! My kids are so into board games right now (boys, 6yo & 8yo) that I'm thinking of going to pick up a few more. They played board games for HOURS on Friday with friends and then for a shorter period on Saturday with me (they wanted to keep going but I had other things to do). I'm astonished! No requests for wii, computer, tv, etc - just "can we play this one now? How about this one?".

I should have specified, "When one lives on a small lot in town on a busy street." LOL.

We have a very small yard but we have squeeked in a 16'X52" pool in the back and a 15' tramp in the front. My two and the neighborhood are normally on or in one or the other.:D

There is also eating.:lol::lol::lol::lol: