Menu

Neighbor new baby faux pas!

Our new neighbors, a couple from Hungary, just had their first baby by C-section this week. I have only met them a couple of times and wanted to bless them with a meal. Yesterday, I made two swiss chard quiches (like a spinach quiche). I never made this recipe before so I cut a small piece out of one and tried it (very yummy I must say:001_smile:). I wrapped them in foil and put in frig for later. A few hours later I saw the husband outside (so I knew it would be ok to bring something over) and I grabbed what I thought was the whole quiche and the baby outfit and gave it to them.

Later, I went to rebake our quiche for dinner. When I removed it from the oven and took off the foil there was NO PIECE MISSING!! :001_huh:

I gave the neighbors the quiche with the missing piece:glare:.

Now what do I do? Do I go explain to them what happened or let it go and after I get to know them better we'll have a good laugh over it?

I feel like an idiot!!

I would tell them. I have heard all the stories about my DH's great-grandmother who ALWAYS cut a small sliver of any cake, pie or casserole she made before giving that one to anyone. She wanted to be sure that she was giving something that was cooked properly and tasted good.:)

I sent my DH over to tell them what happened! The husband said "we blamed the missing piece on you (my dh)"!

So now I think every time I give them food I'll take a little out as a joke!:D

Am I a chicken or what? Sending a man to do a woman's job!!:lol:

Too funny! They sound like a neat couple!